Second Skin Audio

What sub to get next?

Humbol

And if that 14” measurement is correct and that 19.5” and 4.5” measurement is correct, then that port is fughed up and the first port section is 4.5” in width but the second port section is only 4.25” in width. After these calculations, I recommend a new subwoofer enclosure.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And if that 14” measurement is correct and that 19.5” and 4.5” measurement is correct, then that port is fughed up and the first port section is 4.5” in width but the second port section is only 4.25” in width. After these calculations, I recommend a new subwoofer enclosure.

Box would be too big for a sundown u series. Right? 

89 Toyota P/U Single Cab

HU - Kenwood x-396

Front Stage - Kenwood KFC-1094PS

Rear Stage - Kenwood KFC - 6984PS

Sub - Alpine SWR 823D

Amp - Alpine MRP M500

8 minutes ago, Humbol said:

Box would be too big for a sundown u series. Right? 

Yes and no. If it were tuned lower it wouldn’t be too big. But since it’s tuned high then it is too big and would cause risk of mechanical limitations on frequencies below 41hz. But it is tuned way too high and that port is uneven. That enclosure wouldn’t be ideal for that subwoofer even if the port was even. But since the port is uneven, that enclosure isn’t ideal for ANY subwoofer.

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

No. But it is tuned way too high and that port is uneven. That enclosure wouldn’t be ideal for that subwoofer even if the port was even. But since the port is uneven, that enclosure isn’t ideal for ANY subwoofer.

Thank you sir!! I woulda made a big mistake if i just ordered the sub blindly without any research lol 

89 Toyota P/U Single Cab

HU - Kenwood x-396

Front Stage - Kenwood KFC-1094PS

Rear Stage - Kenwood KFC - 6984PS

Sub - Alpine SWR 823D

Amp - Alpine MRP M500

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yes and no. If it were tuned lower it wouldn’t be too big. But since it’s tuned high then it is too big and would cause risk of mechanical limitations on frequencies below 41hz. But it is tuned way too high and that port is uneven. That enclosure wouldn’t be ideal for that subwoofer even if the port was even. But since the port is uneven, that enclosure isn’t ideal for ANY subwoofer.

Had to edit a tad for better understanding.

3 minutes ago, Humbol said:

Thank you sir!! I woulda made a big mistake if i just ordered the sub blindly without any research lol 

You are welcome! Just get a different subwoofer enclosure. If you don’t wanna get one made then fugh it, order a profab one from down4sound. They aren’t bad. Better than the enclosure you have, for sure.

Archived