Rockford Fosgate Tweeter Hissing

Kennyy

On 9/22/2020 at 9:39 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

No. A remote is what’s telling the amp to turn on. The amp’s chassis is grounded to the vehicle which is what’s generating a ground so it does cut on. The remote is just telling the amp to cut on. If you take that amp off that spot that we, including yourself, have established is a bad place to put your amp, and then plug in that remote wire with a ground wire plugged in and that amp won’t cut on. That makes no sense to me why you would put that amp back in the same spot to assess any problems when you know that spot is causing the amp problems, even though it isn’t the hissing. Move that amp like I told you and then mount it using shorter screws. You probably messed up that loc because of that amps location. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the speaker wires. It could be that rca cable is bad. But honestly, what I’ve thought from almost the beginning of this thread, but I didn’t think it was the culprit until I found out more information, so I didn’t say anything, but that loc is malfunctioning. Loc’s are sensitive and that amp being grounded to the vehicle fughed up that loc’s connection and inner components that are in reference to that amp. The other connection and inner components that are functioning with your subwoofer amp are functioning and not damaged. Causing the loc to work on one part but not the other.

Hey quick update. 
you were absolutely right! 

after countless hours of diagnosing everything from top to bottom, I came down to the conclusion that the lc2i “main” channel, which provides the high level signal is malfunctioning. I have the amp relocated, power, ground, remote and speakers wires all hooked up, when I use a different audio source (ie: my iPhone) the speakers work flawlessly. So I know there aren’t any issues with any of the wiring aside of the RCA’s, I swapped out the RCA cables with a freshly opened pack of sky high cables and it still did the same thing verifying that my original cables are good. , so I’m assuming the lc2i “main” channel is fried causing issues via RCA’s.

before I purchase another lc2i, is there any safe way to test if my lc2i is malfunctioning ? I was thinking of running an rca cable from the lc2i main channel to my other cars amp to see if it causes my amp to malfunction but I don’t want to damage anything on the other car. Tomorrow I’m going to use an actual head unit wired up on the test bench to verify everything works with a second audio source other than my phone with the amp wired in it’s new spot to verify everything continues working.

thanks so much for all your help, I extremely appreciate it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

side note: a lot of that noise gets filtered out on the subwoofer side so even if it is there you may never hear it. 

I honestly thought about that, yesterday to do a quick RCA test I wired an rca cable from the output on my sub amp to my mids/highs amp input. I still got frequency noise and suspected that it’s always been there, I just don’t hear it through the subs. Because what I noticed is only my tweeters make noticeable noise, my midbass plays music fine for the most part . I want to assume that the lc2i is causing signal issues but before I purchase another one I want to test it out on another amp. 

Is there anyway that the lc2i could be feeding a low level signal to my high level amp? I feel like my components are playing low frequency notes fine, it’s only the high frequencies it’s having trouble with. I know the lc2i has its “main” channel, strictly for high level but I want to rule this out regardless.

Hey guys so I did some more diagnostics today on the setup.

a couple things I came to conclusions on 

I did some research on my amp “NVX VADM2” and I read that the inputs are ONLY “high-level”. From my understanding the lc2i is putting out “low-level” signals to both “main” and “bass” outputs so I’m assuming that’s causing an issue to the amp. Now, I tried wiring up the high level speaker outputs coming from my factory amp where my lc2i is tapped into, straight to the amps “high-level” molex, but I still got only some mid-bass playing and a static tweeter sound. I want to say the amp might have gone bad from getting a low signal? But I’m confused as to why it works perfectly fine with my iPhone aux to rca adapter. 

I tried measuring the rca voltage AND the factory amps high level playing a 1000hz test tone but my multi meter wasn’t picking any voltage up? The only time it measured voltage was when I played a 40hz test tone. Is there any reason for this? 

On 9/24/2020 at 4:52 AM, Kennyy said:

Hey quick update. 
you were absolutely right! 

after countless hours of diagnosing everything from top to bottom, I came down to the conclusion that the lc2i “main” channel, which provides the high level signal is malfunctioning. I have the amp relocated, power, ground, remote and speakers wires all hooked up, when I use a different audio source (ie: my iPhone) the speakers work flawlessly. So I know there aren’t any issues with any of the wiring aside of the RCA’s, I swapped out the RCA cables with a freshly opened pack of sky high cables and it still did the same thing verifying that my original cables are good. , so I’m assuming the lc2i “main” channel is fried causing issues via RCA’s.

before I purchase another lc2i, is there any safe way to test if my lc2i is malfunctioning ? I was thinking of running an rca cable from the lc2i main channel to my other cars amp to see if it causes my amp to malfunction but I don’t want to damage anything on the other car. Tomorrow I’m going to use an actual head unit wired up on the test bench to verify everything works with a second audio source other than my phone with the amp wired in it’s new spot to verify everything continues working.

thanks so much for all your help, I extremely appreciate it.

You are welcome dude!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Please help I just hooked up a new punch 300 by 2 amp and t2652-s I followed the directions and set the gains with a dd1 and when I played music the tweeters are fine but when the volume is at 0 both tweeters  makeing a weird noise.. I unplugged the rca and it sounded better...so I tried rerouting my rca and when I plugged them in there is no sound in the tweeters..the mids are playing...also the mids had no problems the whole time any help would be appreciated 

Archived