Second Skin Audio

10" sub suggestions for Gately box

teoulennon

Just recently installed 2 idmax 10's on 2k rms in a Gately box in an '19 f250 and am really disappointed with the output. Box is 3cu ft tuned to around 36hz. Unfortunately I don’t know the port area.

Anyone have suggestions for subwoofers that can give more output and still sound nice? I was thinking some DC level 3's?

What amp are you using, your budget, and how's your electrical look? How are the subs wired up? Pictures of the box in the vehicle will help as well.

Unless something was done incorrectly with the install or if those subs you're currently using are not optimized for that enclosure... If you keep the same amount of cone area on the same amount of power in the same enclosure... And only switch the subs, Gain increases will be minimal.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

11 hours ago, Backwoods said:

What amp are you using, your budget, and how's your electrical look? How are the subs wired up? Pictures of the box in the vehicle will help as well.

Unless something was done incorrectly with the install or if those subs you're currently using are not optimized for that enclosure... If you keep the same amount of cone area on the same amount of power in the same enclosure... And only switch the subs, Gain increases will be minimal.

Amp is a dc audio 2k at 1ohm, which they're wired to. I'm def thinking the box just doesn't work well with these subs.

9 hours ago, AaronT said:

You put 2" coil moderate wattage SQ subs in a box built for loud.

Thanks for this, I'm thinking this is it. The subs are running with a 2k amp at 1ohm - I'm guessing the box is just made for spl subs like b2 and dc audio. I thought the idmax subs would be loud enough because I've only heard good things about them-how they sound good and get loud doing it. Do you think the box just has too much port area for them?

Archived