Second Skin Audio

A Bunch Of Boxes I Made Wrong For Your Critical Pleasure

CFD

Here's a bunch of videos of things I did that you can go ahead and call me an idiot about :P

You could probably turn this into a sealed box and it might work better... or fire the ports out of the bottom into the side of the quarter panels in the trunk instead of out the front. It worked OK I think. Volume was small for these subs hence hella poly-fil. Could be good for some 10's? Whatever ya want

Basically a 12" Pre-fab box because I totally fucked up. About 1.65 cu. ft. and 43 Hz tuned. Ignore the guy in the video. He's an idiot.

Box for a couple 12's. Super big AF. 6.6 cu. ft. tuned to 25 Hz. The guy in the video was wrong about the air volume because he is an idiot.

Video explaining on why every ported box I've ever made was wrong and how massive of a moron I am (just so you know)

I'll probably post more CFD Designs in this thread as time goes on.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.2 cu. ft. (before sub displacement) ported box for 2 6.5 inch woofers tuned to 40 Hz, again, before displacement.

4.6 cu. ft. (before sub displacement) big old big giant big port 12 inch subwoofer box tuned to 26 Hz. WinISD plot of that box with a Power Acoustik GW-124

dual 6.5 subwoofer.png

biglowbassbox2.png

biglowbassbox.png

• 3 weeks later...

So you were including your port volume in? Like say in winisd you were entering 2.0cuft and when you went to build included your port volume into the 2.0cuft? So in a scenario would of only had like 1.25cuft net after port displacement instead of the 2.0 you needed?

15 minutes ago, Kocyandia said:

So you were including your port volume in? Like say in winisd you were entering 2.0cuft and when you went to build included your port volume into the 2.0cuft? So in a scenario would of only had like 1.25cuft net after port displacement instead of the 2.0 you needed?

Yeahp. I messed that up for a long time and was left scratching my head on why my subs didn't sound exactly as expected. Figured it out recently and un-dumbassed myself.

1 hour ago, dolbyatmos said:

What would it take for you to design a box for me? I posted a forum but nobody has responded yet.

I designed a box for a guy for $10 but that was just cut sheets for the box. I would design it and put it on ebay.

The big stupid 12" box now with actual corners, port width corrected, less retardedness, and more brace.

Actually going to build this one out of some nice oak I just picked up (and made my back sore with) and see how it womps.

big stupid 12 with less retardedness and more brace.png

On 10/16/2020 at 2:26 AM, CFD said:

Yeahp. I messed that up for a long time and was left scratching my head on why my subs didn't sound exactly as expected. Figured it out recently and un-dumbassed myself.

I designed a box for a guy for $10 but that was just cut sheets for the box. I would design it and put it on ebay.

It states on the title of this thread, free designs, and now you are charging people money. And when a subwoofer enclosure’s port(s) has more than one bend then it shouldn’t wrap around the subwoofer and line the inner walls of the enclosure. That decreases output a bunch. So let me understand this correctly. A guy who just learned the difference between net volume and gross volume and then thinks it’s ok to wrap a port around the inside of an enclosure is selling enclosure designs on a world renown car audio forum?

1D8E98FA-23F3-4B62-8682-AE1EF132CCB1.gif.26b2d4eb2405f6f08f5097fadcb24ce9.gif

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• LT.Smoke changed the title to A Bunch Of Boxes I Made Wrong For Your Critical Pleasure
  • LT.Smoke featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived