Curious if anyone has ordered from Fi recently

Kocyandia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell yeah man..... Just got the update that I'm in the test and pack stage... Excited! 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

4 hours ago, Backwoods said:

Hell yeah man..... Just got the update that I'm in the test and pack stage... Excited! 

Time for me to tidy up some stuff. I still have alternator whine through my tweeters and its driving me crazy. Im going to do the big 4 tomorrow. I had 3 studs welded to the frame. Thinking that may help. Since its a good solid straight to the frame ground. We cleaned the paint off and got em on there good....still whines lol. I have my front battery neg to the frame, alternator mounting bolt to the frame, rear battery negative in a 2/0 run to the front battery negative, rear battery also to body. Tomorrow, im taking the "second" rear battery ground to the actual frame instead of the body. And adding a ground from the 2nd alt mounting bolt to the front battery negative. This mofo is gonna be grounded everywhere. Im using the factory radio with a Pac Audio Amp Pro. Its a 2014 Ford Raptor with the Sony factory system. So its a bit of a bitch to put in aftermarket. But it hits hard and sounds good so I can't complain too much. Im gonna get in there and ground the amp pro to its own ground as well. Its a plug n play device so we'll see how that goes over. Ive had hiss since I put in the 4 channel amp for the mids and tweets. It never goes away even with the rcas unplugged. So I'm thinking its a noisy amp. And I can deal with that.  But that damn whine has to go away. I get fluctuations in my voltage too I've noticed. Sometimes I'll ride 14.4 to 14.5 and other times it's 14.1 to 14.2 or .3. Its within operating range and it's probably just the regulator doin its thing but damn it aggrivates me lol. Working out all the bugs before the subs get here.  This is the biggest install I've done yet. I haven't done anything over 1500. So I want this fucker mint lol.

TL:DR Im rambling because I can't sleep and I'm lonely lol

19 hours ago, Kocyandia said:

Time for me to tidy up some stuff. I still have alternator whine through my tweeters and its driving me crazy. Im going to do the big 4 tomorrow. I had 3 studs welded to the frame. Thinking that may help. Since its a good solid straight to the frame ground. We cleaned the paint off and got em on there good....still whines lol. I have my front battery neg to the frame, alternator mounting bolt to the frame, rear battery negative in a 2/0 run to the front battery negative, rear battery also to body. Tomorrow, im taking the "second" rear battery ground to the actual frame instead of the body. And adding a ground from the 2nd alt mounting bolt to the front battery negative. This mofo is gonna be grounded everywhere. Im using the factory radio with a Pac Audio Amp Pro. Its a 2014 Ford Raptor with the Sony factory system. So its a bit of a bitch to put in aftermarket. But it hits hard and sounds good so I can't complain too much. Im gonna get in there and ground the amp pro to its own ground as well. Its a plug n play device so we'll see how that goes over. Ive had hiss since I put in the 4 channel amp for the mids and tweets. It never goes away even with the rcas unplugged. So I'm thinking its a noisy amp. And I can deal with that.  But that damn whine has to go away. I get fluctuations in my voltage too I've noticed. Sometimes I'll ride 14.4 to 14.5 and other times it's 14.1 to 14.2 or .3. Its within operating range and it's probably just the regulator doin its thing but damn it aggrivates me lol. Working out all the bugs before the subs get here.  This is the biggest install I've done yet. I haven't done anything over 1500. So I want this fucker mint lol.

TL:DR Im rambling because I can't sleep and I'm lonely lol

Grounding that Pac will likely help with the whine if it is pulling the ground through the factory harness.  That gives you 6 RCAs right out of the headunit, right?  What 4 channel are you running?  

Most people that drive fords whine at some point 🤣

Try these steps to eliminate the engine noise/whine if grounding doesn't help...

https://learn.sonicelectronix.com/how-to-eliminate-engine-noise/

As for the voltage... 14.1 to 14.5 is nothing to be too concerned with. I got lithium and a HO alternator and cold I'm at 14.8 average. Varying between 14.6-15v Once it's warmed up I sit at 14v average. It varies between 13.9-14.2.... Before the PCM bypass I couldn't get over 13.5 cold and 13.1 hot, so I'm happy... 

As far as being lonely... Get a dog... Cheaper than a woman, they complain less, and even when you screw up they're still happy to see you! :D

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

10 hours ago, Phuzun said:

Grounding that Pac will likely help with the whine if it is pulling the ground through the factory harness.  That gives you 6 RCAs right out of the headunit, right?  What 4 channel are you running?  

Its 6 rcas yeah, im running an ampere 150.4

9 hours ago, Backwoods said:

Most people that drive fords whine at some point 🤣

Try these steps to eliminate the engine noise/whine if grounding doesn't help...

https://learn.sonicelectronix.com/how-to-eliminate-engine-noise/

As for the voltage... 14.1 to 14.5 is nothing to be too concerned with. I got lithium and a HO alternator and cold I'm at 14.8 average. Varying between 14.6-15v Once it's warmed up I sit at 14v average. It varies between 13.9-14.2.... Before the PCM bypass I couldn't get over 13.5 cold and 13.1 hot, so I'm happy... 

As far as being lonely... Get a dog... Cheaper than a woman, they complain less, and even when you screw up they're still happy to see you! :D

I was just up late. Had a nice bout of insomnia lol. Im gonna ground that pac audio ap. Should help its pulling ground through the factory harness.

Just now, nickgoose said:

Can’t wait!!

466D80AA-0B3B-4A2E-91A1-7EC0E1FA6FCC.jpeg

Hell yeah! Be here before you know it!

8 hours ago, Phuzun said:

spacer.png

I agree, dogs are great.  

I got me 2 little puppers. A ShihTzu and a Morkie. Theyre little but damn they make ya feel great.

31 minutes ago, Kocyandia said:

Hell yeah! Be here before you know it!

I got me 2 little puppers. A ShihTzu and a Morkie. Theyre little but damn they make ya feel great.

Not car audio related, but as long as we're talking about dogs, love mine! English mastiff and a chihuahua

20200131_154957.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived