Curious if anyone has ordered from Fi recently

Kocyandia

I wanted to buy Fi.  Their availability and lead times and lack of communication are beyond below standard.  I ordered Sundowns instead, and nothing exotic.  SA 10 v2.  In stock, received within a week.  Build quality is out of this world and these are almost twice the weight of my DC Audio L2 12s.  I'm really impressed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, bigmizzle99 said:

I wanted to buy Fi.  Their availability and lead times and lack of communication are beyond below standard.  I ordered Sundowns instead, and nothing exotic.  SA 10 v2.  In stock, received within a week.  Build quality is out of this world and these are almost twice the weight of my DC Audio L2 12s.  I'm really impressed.

Nothing wrong with that. The only reason I posted that is because, yeah, they've been not taking orders for the longest, and people ask about what's going on. 

Sundowns are beasts though. You won't be disappointed

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, Kocyandia said:

Its not the best.  I used birch that lowes had on hand its only 7ply and I wasnt to happy about it. But had to make due. But this is the biggest box I've built. And fully expected to jack it up. If i like how it sounds in gonna order up some baltic birch from a local distributor. And make one all nice n perty. I didn't double wall the box as space is an issue in a supercab.  So hopefully it doesn't flex too much. Also that in hindsight I would've rather done shelf bracing rather than a window brace.  And I cut my window brace a little thin.  It looked GREAT till I hit it with the router.  That's when I was like "where'd it go!?"

20201008_154925.jpg

20201008_154931.jpg

Great choice. You really found it Lowes good to see. Lowes could help out to use them as they really seems to be useful and of good quality. If you ask for Lowes Home Improvement services than they would be proved helpful. 

• 2 weeks later...

they had huge lead times because of covid and personal issues just now catching up, And now they are just selling certain motors on Mondays and when they are out they stop selling them and ship that Friday so lead time is back to 7-14 days ..

i mean they hand build, and make most of the sub in house so........

anyways i want to pick up a ssd but i have like 6 subs laying around 2 C.V vega series 12"s and 4 dc lvl3 m1 12's soooo not gonna even if i want to lol need ...

Archived