Mids and highs ideas needed

jessdabest77

Vehicle is a 2002 Chevy S10 Xtreme, ext.cab truck. Going to run two 15" FI SP4's. Going to push around 7500 watts to them and I picked up the CT Sounds AT 200.4 for the mids and highs. I'm hoping to get good vocals of this amp but what speakers would do good on this amp? Also, would it be better to run pro audio? I want it to be loud and good bass. Any thought, ideas, and suggestions would be appreciated. Brands, sizes, anything helps, thanks

• 1 month later...

Are you planning on running tweeters and mids separate? You can get whatever you like that has good reviews I guess as long as you're customizing door panels and what not to fit. If you're just using the stock speaker location then practically nothing is going to keep up with those subwoofers.

I like Dayton Audio speakers for good, reliable, well priced speakers. I'm not sure which ones would work in a "sort-of" infinite baffle like a door speaker would. I'd bet a lot of the 20-40 dollar price range mid-bass poly cone woofers would do about what you want them to as far as mid bass speakers in your doors. They have some paper cone drivers and lots of cool stuff. I'll link some.

Otherwise, I guess just look into mid bass drivers that your amp can push comfortably.

I think this is a cool speaker. You could put two or three of these in each door. You could even put more than three in each door. I just looked up the specs of that amp and I'm not sure if I was interpreting it right, but it seems it puts out "A Lot" RMS power haha.

They say they cover from 90-15000Hz, 50 Watts RMS. From a cursory glance, these seem well suited in a door.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-pa130-8-5-full-range-pa-driver--295-010

Then you would just need some tweeters on the dash or in the doors to cover that 15-20KHz range if you even want to do that after you hear it.

Otherwise there are these drivers you could finagle into the doors. 80-5000Hz response and 75 Watts RMS. Definitely would need tweeters paired with these. With the level of sound that's going to come out of those subwoofers I think you'll definitely need some pretty loud mids and highs. Maybe 4 of these woofers could keep up. I think 6 of those full range woofers I linked above could probably keep up, too. It kind of depends on your definition of "keep up" is. Personally, that treble stuff hurts my ear holes.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-pa165-8-6-pa-driver-speaker--295-015

For use with mid-bass woofers (like the last one I listed) you will probably want a couple compression tweeters like these ones. I don't have a ton of experience with tweeters like this besides that I melted a coil in a Pyramid branded one. You could mount these on your dash on the left and right faced toward you, generally toward the back seats. I doubt you'll want to put the full rated power that a lot of these are rated at through them because you'll explode (not really it's just loud as hell).

You would probably be best served to run a couple tweeters off of an amp dedicated to those tweeters instead of entering a wiring hell inside your door panel trying to get them wired into the woofers/drivers you put there. Honest, don't know what amp. I'd suggest a not-very-powerful amp that is known to sound just fine in full range and puts out a modest amount of power... like 40-100 watts per channel. I doubt you'll want the treble screaming at you all that much, or maybe you do. I don't know. The Dual and Jensen amps at Walmart put out enough power for this part of your build, but I don't know exactly how they sound.

https://www.amazon.com/Skar-Audio-VX35-ST-3-5-Inch-Compression/dp/B01NAS1G6P/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=tweeter&qid=1605575848&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-B350PRO-Efficiency-Bullet-Tweeter/dp/B009MS7DS8/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=tweeter&qid=1605576141&sr=8-17

People seem to like PRV audio for their mid woofers. The Skar FSX65-8 speaker is rated well. The Rockville RM64PRO mid bass speakers have a good rating as well.

PERSONALLY! I'd think a couple 6.5 inch midbass woofers in each door with a pair of tweeters on the dash would be good enough for me.

(these are suggestions, take with salt)

Archived