Second Skin Audio

Paid for box design but something just ain't right....

So I paid a highly recommended builder in a facebook group to provide me plans for a under seat sub box in a 2020 F150 supercrew. It was to hold 4 sundown 6.5 subs wired to 1 ohm (actually 1.3) being pushed by 1200.1 skar amp. I'm no designer but I can follow directions and cut sheet. Can someone that is up on this tune port jibber take a peek at the few attached items and tell me if this seems correct for 4 SA 6.5 subs?

I know they are just 6.5 subs but they seem to flat as hell. I'm running stock headunit with dayton DSP handling the tune going out to pioneer 4 channel for 6.5 Sundown components up front and 6.5 2 way skar in rear door.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.09.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.10.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.10.43 AM.png

5 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

might be how you have it set with the dsp  which that dsp has problems I’ve heard.... and your stock headunit not the box itself... 

This could be true but I felt the easiest thing to start with could be the box since i had the design for someone to peak at. Of course the headunit lacks but i do have a flat signal coming out by using the front speakers as the line in and using forscan to flatten the line even more. 

Ive built many bike audio setups using dayton dsp in the last several years but this is the first time Ive done a box in a enclosed 4 wheeler cage. 

Archived