Sundown Audio

Taramps HD3k Clipping

Angel Galvan

14 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I didn't see the clip light come on. How does it sound to you? 

After :53 sec slight blink of the yellow light. If I were to go a few more notches up it would start blinking the protect light with the clip light. And I belive it sounds the same I dont hear the voice coil crackle

16 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

After :53 sec slight blink of the yellow light. If I were to go a few more notches up it would start blinking the protect light with the clip light. And I belive it sounds the same I dont hear the voice coil crackle

A little clipping is just fine....A LITTLE CLIPPING. Are you happy with the sound or do you think you should be able to turn it up more? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

4 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

A little clipping is just fine....A LITTLE CLIPPING. Are you happy with the sound or do you think you should be able to turn it up more? 

Yeah im pretty sure I can go higher. I have a vxf 12 and I'm pretty sure I can flex it harder. I'll record the sub moving in a while it pounds hard but it can pound harder

Just now, Angel Galvan said:

Yeah im pretty sure I can go higher. I have a vxf 12 and I'm pretty sure I can flex it harder. I'll record the sub moving in a while it pounds hard but it can pound harder

Ok. So, what device are you using to get that 45hz test tone you're using to tune your amp? And was that a bass knob I saw you using? 

Just now, Dafaseles said:

Ok. So, what device are you using to get that 45hz test tone you're using to tune your amp? And was that a bass knob I saw you using? 

My phone via Bluetooth, I have a rca bass knob  and the volt meter I was installing which was on top of the steering wheel

1 minute ago, Angel Galvan said:

My phone via Bluetooth, I have a rca bass knob  and the volt meter I was installing which was on top of the steering wheel

I'm sure you already know this, but when you set your gains, make sure your bass knob is turned up all the way. You only want to cut signal, not add signal. 

Is your phone via blue tooth the primary way you listen to music as well? 

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

I'm sure you already know this, but when you set your gains, make sure your bass knob is turned up all the way. You only want to cut signal, not add signal. 

Is your phone via blue tooth the primary way you listen to music as well? 

Yes sir have it maxed out. And yes I connect my phone vis Bluetooth to it to play music on it.

9 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

Yes sir have it maxed out. And yes I connect my phone vis Bluetooth to it to play music on it.

You don't have your phone turned all the way up, so you? That could also send a clipped signal

11 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

Youtube -3 db tone sonic electronics. Here this is a video of the clip indicator going off seems like my volts drop down to 13.3 low 13s. Do you think the big 3 upgrade will help it even more ? I also have a 150 amp fuse not sure if that causes it to clip ?

The big 3 upgrade will always help. You should do that

Archived