Sundown Audio

Taramps HD3k Clipping

Angel Galvan

4 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

I go in the hood once in a while but i dont think my battery would explode or would it lmao its a stock alt. I mean dont batteries have high amp ratings ?

It's not so much your battery you have to worry about. Fuses protect the cable from catching fire

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

5 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

And also how many amp fuse is a 150a fuse good enough ? or is a 300a overkill

2/0 welding cable is rated around 300 amps per 20 feet. I'd use a 300a fuse

Screenshot_20201123-194814_Samsung Notes.jpg

7 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

Oh okay thanks i was ust thinking of getting 1 fuse holder only

1 fuse holder going to the amp, if you're going to fuse from the alt to the battery, you'll need 2 holders. You'll have current coming from both directions and the chance of that current exceeding the limits of your cable from both directions. Not just one. And fuse as close to the battery and the alternator as you can, protecting as much cable as you can. Usually people don't tend to fuse from the alternator to the battery because it's such a short run and you only really end up protecting a foot or 2 of cable. It is safer though. It's up to you

Hello so I'm back just finished doing the big 3 and now my lights dim even more lmao. Idk but I didnt really feel a drastic difference other than my voltage got up to 14.7. So I was also doing some rcs voltage measuring and I can only get up to 32 until it reaches 4v. These amps don't like anything over 4v so thats my max volume. I set my gains according to a equation yesterday and today when I finished the big 3 I didn't really feel a difference other than the light dimming even more. Gets me thinking now I need to save money on a high output alt 😕

There's really no 100% way to stop your lights dimming unfortunately. You can combat it by getting LED's, if they're not already. LED's use less current, so they tend not to dim as much. 

As far as that amp not liking anything over 4 volts, try giving it whatever the voltage of your RCA's at 3/4 volume. If it's over 4 volts, see what it does. If it seems like the amp is getting pissed off, then drop it. Couldn't hurt 

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

There's really no 100% way to stop your lights dimming unfortunately. You can combat it by getting LED's, if they're not already. LED's use less current, so they tend not to dim as much. 

As far as that amp not liking anything over 4 volts, try giving it whatever the voltage of your RCA's at 3/4 volume. If it's over 4 volts, see what it does. If it seems like the amp is getting pissed off, then drop it. Couldn't hurt 

What amp alt would really push this amp (taramps hd3k) My headlights are already led. So like after volme 32 the rca voltage sky rockets up to like 7v. The thing is that the clip monitor flickers but i dont hear the sub distort or like crackle. The max headunit vol is 40 and at 32 volume it puts out little less than 4v, I had played a 45hz tone I think or a 40hz to determine the rca voltage.

There's no such thing as too much electrical. Biggest amp alternator you afford and as many batteries as you have space for lol. Not really, but you get my point. I'm running 4000 watts on a 370 and 2 80ah batteries. No problems whatsoever, if that helps. I'm about to run 10,000ish watts on the 370 and a lithium cyber 12k. Should work no problem. 

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

There's no such thing as too much electrical. Biggest amp alternator you afford and as many batteries as you have space for lol. Not really, but you get my point. I'm running 4000 watts on a 370 and 2 80ah batteries. No problems whatsoever, if that helps. I'm about to run 10,000ish watts on the 370 and a lithium cyber 12k. Should work no problem. 

I was looking at some 250 amp alts

Archived