Sundown Audio

Taramps HD3k Clipping

Angel Galvan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

250 plus 1 or 2 strong batteries it's some good electrical

Oh okay I seen some alts on ebay pretty cheap not sure if those would put out the actual amperage. What happens if I keep the same battery? Also should the alt positive cable touch the amp positive cable ? I stacked the those two on a post. I also have some left over welding wire can I use it as the ground for the alt ? While having cca for the positive wire ? Aka mixing wires

3 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

Oh okay I seen some alts on ebay pretty cheap not sure if those would put out the actual amperage. What happens if I keep the same battery? Also should the alt positive cable touch the amp positive cable ? I stacked the those two on a post. I also have some left over welding wire can I use it as the ground for the alt ? While having cca for the positive wire ? Aka mixing wires

Don't get an Ebay alternator. Nope, nope, and nope. 

No negative effects keeping the same battery really, but it'll help out the electrical if you can spend the dough on more amp hours (ah). Just more reserve

If you've only got 1 post on your battery, you've only got one post. Gotta do what ya gotta do. 

If you can, get rid of all that CCA bullcrap.

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

Don't get an Ebay alternator. Nope, nope, and nope. 

No negative effects keeping the same battery really, but it'll help out the electrical if you can spend the dough on more amp hours (ah). Just more reserve

If you've only got 1 post on your battery, you've only got one post. Gotta do what ya gotta do. 

If you can, get rid of all that CCA bullcrap.

The alternators are so tempting tho 150 for 250a ☹ 1 year exchange 

Screenshot_20201202-013931_eBay.jpg

6 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

The alternators are so tempting tho 150 for 250a ☹ 1 year exchange 

Screenshot_20201202-013931_eBay.jpg

my opinion, I would stay with your reputable, tried and true brands of alternators. Mechman, brand x, js alternators. You get there customer service, and usually lifetime warranties. I've seen too many horror stories on the forums about people going with cheap alternators and just having a bad time. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 12/2/2020 at 8:26 AM, Dafaseles said:

my opinion, I would stay with your reputable, tried and true brands of alternators. Mechman, brand x, js alternators. You get there customer service, and usually lifetime warranties. I've seen too many horror stories on the forums about people going with cheap alternators and just having a bad time. 

It has some good reviews I dont see any bad reviews, what's the worst case scenario ? Catch fire ? Blow up ?

34 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

It has some good reviews I dont see any bad reviews, what's the worst case scenario ? Catch fire ? Blow up ?

What do those actually bench test amps at? And even if worst case was only failing, that’d still leave you on the side of the road. Starting on fire and losing your ride, sounds terrible. Especially if insurance refused to pay 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

22 minutes ago, JakeW said:

What do those actually bench test amps at? And even if worst case was only failing, that’d still leave you on the side of the road. Starting on fire and losing your ride, sounds terrible. Especially if insurance refused to pay 

Damn your right, but damn the alt is gonna cost more than my sub by a hair lmao.

9 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

Damn your right, but damn the alt is gonna cost more than my sub by a hair lmao.

I’m a firm believer in getting what you pay for. Locally in Denver, a shop specializes in upgrading Bosch alternators and doubling their amperage. But if I couldn’t have done that, I would’ve gotten mechman for sure. You’d be better off running 2 stock alternators then bolting up some cheap A$$ unit off eBay 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Archived