Sundown Audio

Taramps HD3k Clipping

Angel Galvan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

The thing is that my amp clips at the same volume even if my truck is on. Could it be bad rcas ? Bad ground ? Bad sub wire 

How bad is it clipping? Does the light flicker a couple times a song or is it going crazy? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

41 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

How bad is it clipping? Does the light flicker a couple times a song or is it going crazy? 

Flickers a couple of times, I just shaved some of the plastic around the amps power and ground ports. Cause it would make the reducers get angled and I think only the edges were touching now I got it to were it sits flatter 20201206_164222.thumb.jpg.3efe803befbe7bec81951e7b66fcd90b.jpg

1 hour ago, Angel Galvan said:

Flickers a couple of times, I just shaved some of the plastic around the amps power and ground ports. Cause it would make the reducers get angled and I think only the edges were touching now I got it to were it sits flatter 20201206_164222.thumb.jpg.3efe803befbe7bec81951e7b66fcd90b.jpg

If it just flickers a couple of times and the dust cap isn't getting hot, your fine 

8 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

If it just flickers a couple of times and the dust cap isn't getting hot, your fine 

The only thing that I just wanna put the vol higher but then the protect lock starts to flicker with the click light on the bass notes. 

34 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

The only thing that I just wanna put the vol higher but then the protect lock starts to flicker with the click light on the bass notes. 

That sounds to me like you need more electrical. I know it's just more money, but that's the way it is in car audio. And I'll guarantee you this, it still won't be enough. You'll want to go louder. So you'll need bigger/ more subs. Stronger amps, more electrical...... it only stops when you say fine, I'm done..... that doesn't mean you're happy with the system though, that only means your content

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

That sounds to me like you need more electrical. I know it's just more money, but that's the way it is in car audio. And I'll guarantee you this, it still won't be enough. You'll want to go louder. So you'll need bigger/ more subs. Stronger amps, more electrical...... it only stops when you say fine, I'm done..... that doesn't mean you're happy with the system though, that only means your content

Haha yes I still want to get another 12. Right now I don't work so thats why I'm saying thats its expensive. I fix iphones as a job

Right now in my truck I've got 4 12's on 4 1000 watt amps.... it's not enough.... I'm upgrading to 4 12's on 2 (what should be considered) 5000 watt amps... I'm going to wager that won't be enough either lol

30 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Right now in my truck I've got 4 12's on 4 1000 watt amps.... it's not enough.... I'm upgrading to 4 12's on 2 (what should be considered) 5000 watt amps... I'm going to wager that won't be enough either lol

Jeeez

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

I have a extended cab and I want to  face the subwoofer up and port up, do you have any experience in which way to point the sub and port ? Ima make a proper box for the sub first. Theres a seat that can be lifted individually behind the driver side. Im planning on removing that seat to place a box there, i measure about how by i want the box to be in the picture. Sub is a Skar vxf 12 calls for 2cubes port area 29 in2 at recommended 33hz. I want to make a normal rectangular ox but standing up were the seat is at in the picture. 

My current box is under my seat i think its about 1.5 cubes it has weird angles and its hard to calculate the area. 6 inch pipe about 32 inches long i think. 

20201126_183424.jpg

Archived