Sonic Electronix

2 15" ZV5s build, best amp and electrical?

Hey yall! Any help is appreciated, as the title implies I wanted to build a system with 2 15" sundown zv5s. They will be going into a full size SUV and currently I have down a 320 amp (220 idle) alternator with 2 positive runs of GP car audio's 2/0 AWG (OFHC) and using the frame as a direct ground. My question starts with what I should feed them with, I had my eye on the SALT 6 amplifier with the original intention of running it at 2 ohms for efficiency reasons but is it worth it to run it at 1 ohms and will the subs take close to 7K watts rms? or is it just better to run it at 2 ohms and feed the subs a little over 4000w rms? What recommendations do you have and what lithium battery is the best to run in this setup? thanks!

8 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Them subwoofer would want more than a salt 6 at 1 ohm. You are forgetting about impedance rise. Most people that use 2 zv5’s on a salt amp use the 8k. What brand of alternator do you have?

Wait so they take more power?? they ae rated for 2000W rms each and they take double that? my alternator is a Pure power Hairpin by Tucson alternators. shop in arizona with good feedback. So what could be best then? a salt 8 at 1 ohm a salt 12 at 2 ohms or 2 sae3000ds strapped? im going for efficiency to make up for the weak alt 

8 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

A salt 8k at 1 ohm and get a lithium battery. That alternator is straight. You just need some more battery reserve, lithium. What’s your price range on a battery?

oh ok, for a batteries 1000-1500 I know limitless lithium discontinued the 45ah what could be equivalent?

Archived