Sundown Audio

nickgoose

So I currently have a DD M3b. I love it, truly. But, I am waiting on a 12" Sp4 Plus and was thinking I might need a little more wattage than what mine puts out. To be honest, I don't know how much my amp is worth if I were to sell it but I am not trying to spend much more than what I get for it if I were to upgrade to something different. 

I have a 240a Singer alt, (2) XS Power batteries, D3400R/D975 w/ big 3, etc..

With that said, I do like the Wolfram AW-5000 but it's $900..I really haven't seen anything that wasn't crazy in price that puts out ~4500 watts.

Just looking for any suggestions or if its even worth upgrading (keep my dd amp). Any help is appreciated!

No personal experience with Deaf bonce, but they seem to be good quality from everything I've read. I've heard them at a show and was impressed.

There's plenty of "cheap" amps out these days... Most are full bridge amplifiers so as long as you don't run them under 1 ohm you should be OK.

If you are looking at Sundown I'd recommend purchasing from Apex Audio. There's also taramps, and a bit better quality you can go with SounDigital... Which you can get just as good of deals directly from BuyBrazil10. Half off the prices you'll see listed on local websites.

If spending more, I'd look at Crossfire, Orion, Crescendo, DC, and Ampere too. The benefit of Korean boards is not only better materials but the ability to go below 1ohm... But this often requires better electrical as well.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

2 hours ago, Backwoods said:

No personal experience with Deaf bonce, but they seem to be good quality from everything I've read. I've heard them at a show and was impressed.

There's plenty of "cheap" amps out these days... Most are full bridge amplifiers so as long as you don't run them under 1 ohm you should be OK.

If you are looking at Sundown I'd recommend purchasing from Apex Audio. There's also taramps, and a bit better quality you can go with SounDigital... Which you can get just as good of deals directly from BuyBrazil10. Half off the prices you'll see listed on local websites.

If spending more, I'd look at Crossfire, Orion, Crescendo, DC, and Ampere too. The benefit of Korean boards is not only better materials but the ability to go below 1ohm... But this often requires better electrical as well.

Thank you for the recommendations! I'm most likely going to lean towards Korean boards. I love Ampere, I think their amps are incredible.. I've read into DC and Crescendo, I know they make quality amps as well. DC is quite expensive though.

Also, I owned the Deaf Bounce Apocalypse AAK-2000 I had it powered to two Sundown SA-8's. It sounded amazing but I did not keep any of them for long because I learned about the ELD function in my car a little too late. But for the short period of time I did own the system, I loved it.

BUT to be totally honest, I'm really curious about Wolfram Audio and how good their amps are. The thing that is confusing the hell out of me is they have two models that are both 5000w one is priced at $900 (AW-5000) the other at $300 (O-5000). The O-5000 is about half the size of the AW. That's a steep price drop and I feel like I am completely missing something. Just like @Dafaseles suggested with the Sundown amp. The model he linked is $470 and other models at the same wattage are going for ~$1500. I've owned a quite a few Sundown amps, they did not disappoint.. that is for damn sure but their prices are out of my range other than the model that was suggested. If anyone could fill me in on why the particular models I mentioned are priced so much lower, that would be great lol.

45 minutes ago, nickgoose said:

Thank you for the recommendations! I'm most likely going to lean towards Korean boards. I love Ampere, I think their amps are incredible.. I've read into DC and Crescendo, I know they make quality amps as well. DC is quite expensive though.

Also, I owned the Deaf Bounce Apocalypse AAK-2000 I had it powered to two Sundown SA-8's. It sounded amazing but I did not keep any of them for long because I learned about the ELD function in my car a little too late. But for the short period of time I did own the system, I loved it.

BUT to be totally honest, I'm really curious about Wolfram Audio and how good their amps are. The thing that is confusing the hell out of me is they have two models that are both 5000w one is priced at $900 (AW-5000) the other at $300 (O-5000). The O-5000 is about half the size of the AW. That's a steep price drop and I feel like I am completely missing something. Just like @Dafaseles suggested with the Sundown amp. The model he linked is $470 and other models at the same wattage are going for ~$1500. I've owned a quite a few Sundown amps, they did not disappoint.. that is for damn sure but their prices are out of my range other than the model that was suggested. If anyone could fill me in on why the particular models I mentioned are priced so much lower, that would be great lol.

A lot of the cheaper amps, including the Sundown SFB amps, are full range full bridge amps. The SFB are not Korean boards. They're Chinese. More Similar in design to the Brazilian amps than the Korean boards.

I have not done any research on the Wolfram, but I'm sure it's the same as well for the cheaper model.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

8 minutes ago, Kocyandia said:

Im using an Ampere Audio 3800. Granted I havent gotten my subs yet so I have it at 4 ohm going to my T2. It seems to be a pretty solid unit. 

I didn't realize that its $800, that's not a bad price at all. I've been browsing at too many different brands and models. Must've overlooked the price lol. Did anyone do a dyno on it ? I'm assuming it does more than what its rated at 14.4v wired to 1 ohm. But, I also may be wrong lol.

4 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

A lot of the cheaper amps, including the Sundown SFB amps, are full range full bridge amps. The SFB are not Korean boards. They're Chinese. More Similar in design to the Brazilian amps than the Korean boards.

I have not done any research on the Wolfram, but I'm sure it's the same as well for the cheaper model.

Gotcha! Thanks for explaining, appreciate it

Archived