Solved. CLOSE THREAD.

nickgoose

On 10/13/2020 at 1:32 AM, 1point21gigawatts said:

There are other good brands. No need for a meme we to be local to you. Members here are trusted to ship the car audio product and it would be in good working condition. I know a guy that has an amp for sale on here that meets them expectations. Do some searches on the internet when you figure out what kind of amp it is and you’ll see it’s super good.

@bmwking 

6 hours ago, nickgoose said:

That truly is a great price man. I'm just not in too much of a rush to buy to be totally. STILL waiting on my fi 12" sp4 plus (been 2 months ordered on 8/15). I'm also selling my dd m3b currently too. As of the space constraints, that's a fact. My car doesn't have the best trunk lol

With, that said I'm just looking for the best option as of price, dimensions, and wattage. Like I said, I'll keep in touch though!

for sure man, just let me know :)

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

No rush? Not ready? Why post then? Not enough room in your trunk? Then why ask for big amps? I call... any smart persons knows the call lol!

97B516FF-10CE-420F-B2B2-C4B3C2745B7D.jpeg.4a4eb9edcf2e54795f9f4ed444caa6ca.jpeg
And just to let you know, there’s something called impedance rise and that subwoofer is super good so you should be asking for a small 7500-8000 rms amp that has a layaway plan. A 5000 rms is only putting out about 3000 rms after impedance rise.

or even an under rated 5k that's also 0.5 ohm stable :D  I know a guy with one for sale...

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

No rush? Not ready? Why post then? Not enough room in your trunk? Then why ask for big amps? I call... any smart persons knows the call lol!

97B516FF-10CE-420F-B2B2-C4B3C2745B7D.jpeg.4a4eb9edcf2e54795f9f4ed444caa6ca.jpeg
And just to let you know, there’s something called impedance rise and that subwoofer is super good so you should be asking for a small 7500-8000 rms amp that has a layaway plan. A 5000 rms is only putting out about 3000 rms after impedance rise.

If its just 1 sp4+  id run it off the DD amp for a bit.... And start focusing on building up your electrical.... If you already have the electrical to support anything larger than that you will likely get over 2000 watts from the DD after rise anyway... And that will push that sub well enough to break it in and let you know if you are going to be happy with that 1 sub. 

An old "rule of thumb" thats not exact, but a decent way of thinking about things is... Lets say the sp4 is getting 2000 watts RMS after rise and is hitting 145db, doubling that power to 4000rms would get you roughly 3 more decibels. so you would be at about 148. Not as big of a jump than you would think by the naked ear....

With as much as some of us, myself included, switch systems up, you may get that 1 sp4+ and decide that even with 4000rms after rise, hitting roughly 148dbs, wouldnt be loud enough for you, and you may decide that you want another 12, and then you would need another amp anyways... Doubling power and doubling cone area makes roughly 6dbs... Them higher dbs are harder to get than some think.... 

So i say... Get the sub. Do your install with the DD for now, make sure you will be happy with the single 12" sub, then look for a high quality amp that does OVER 5K on a dyno, so that way you will get 3500rms that that sub asks for after rise. Set it properly with a scope/DD1/DMM and enjoy. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

2 hours ago, Backwoods said:

If its just 1 sp4+  id run it off the DD amp for a bit.... And start focusing on building up your electrical.... If you already have the electrical to support anything larger than that you will likely get over 2000 watts from the DD after rise anyway... And that will push that sub well enough to break it in and let you know if you are going to be happy with that 1 sub. 

An old "rule of thumb" thats not exact, but a decent way of thinking about things is... Lets say the sp4 is getting 2000 watts RMS after rise and is hitting 145db, doubling that power to 4000rms would get you roughly 3 more decibels. so you would be at about 148. Not as big of a jump than you would think by the naked ear....

With as much as some of us, myself included, switch systems up, you may get that 1 sp4+ and decide that even with 4000rms after rise, hitting roughly 148dbs, wouldnt be loud enough for you, and you may decide that you want another 12, and then you would need another amp anyways... Doubling power and doubling cone area makes roughly 6dbs... Them higher dbs are harder to get than some think.... 

So i say... Get the sub. Do your install with the DD for now, make sure you will be happy with the single 12" sub, then look for a high quality amp that does OVER 5K on a dyno, so that way you will get 3500rms that that sub asks for after rise. Set it properly with a scope/DD1/DMM and enjoy. 

Run that DD and wait on that second stimulus check to get the Wolfram. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Archived