Sundown Audio

Trying my hands on a Brazilian

Ari12

Good day all, i want to attempt to make use of a Brazilian amp for my daily budget set up. So the sub is rated 1200rms and its going in a 33hz box and i have another 800rms amp for my mids. I will be wiring to 1 ohm, never lower. My electrical is ok. A 200amp alt and 120ah worth in agm with good ofc wires. The system is nott geared to sq nor spl, its daily just for my commutes purposes but you know, cranking it up sometimes. Anyway, i was looking at the sound digital evo 3k, wired to 1ohm and set to 1500rms with my dmm. My question is, will that 'sound' good, i keep hearing people saying Brazilian amps wouldn't sound good on a 33hz tune and its dirty power and not for bass. Also, i dont drive my system hard and i monitor my voltage alot, will it be reliable and not 'blow up" after a couple weeks? Any advice  or recommendations is greatly appreciated with your experiences. 

• 1 month later...

continue doing research into that evo if that's what you want, but just from my experience, my taramps smart 3 has been perfect to me. i've been beating it's ass for months and it's running strong. planning on running another one alongside it. very good on voltage, and safe taking voltage drop, though i keep mine above 13 usually.

Archived