Sundown Audio

Which line in Taramps

Jeremy009

Guys.

Thinking about purchasing a 3k taramp for my 'daily'. Its not a spl or sq set up, just daily and will not be wired under 1ohm. Its going on a 1000rms sub in a box tuned to 33hz and ill use my dmm and set the gain to 1200-1500rms. My electrical is good.

Which line should I go with because am seeing a lot (md, hd, bass ect)? Into what will sound good for my application and be reliable.

Well, if you plan on upgrading from 1 dual voice coil sub wired to 1 ohm to 2 dual voice coil subs and still using the same amp, you'll run into problems. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just something to think about before purchasing everything. You don't want to find yourself in a hole that the only way to get out of it is replace everything. Even if your not 100% sure if you're going to upgrade, my suggestion is to plan EVERYTHING around if you where 100% planning on it. 

That being said, if you're dead set on your plan to upgrade, I'd recommend a smart 3. Over 3000 watts rms at 1 and 2 ohm, and the smart technology is said to even aid in not letting the amp over draw current at .5 ohm, so as not to blow the amp. On the amp dyno, it got a little less than 3000 watts at .5 (not that amp dyno videos in YouTube are 100%accurate to real world applications, more of a guideline to aid in educated decisions)  but not much less at all. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived