Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

jessdabest77

6 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

Ok I'll do that tomorrow when its daylight. I'm so excited to build this. I've seen what you do and your work is really impressive. Thank you this build is important to me. I'll get at it tomorrow hope you have time to see what you think will work for me. 

Thank you for the compliment and you are welcome dude. I’ll watch the forum and wait to see your post on this thread.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

50 inches wide, 24 inches tall, 16.5 inches deep. Braced with 2x2's and 2x4's. Double baffle. 6.6 cu. ft. after basket displacement, ~32Hz tuned, 4Wx21.75H inch port, 26.5 inches long. Subwoofers up passenger side, port forward driver side. 11.5 inches of mounting depth before hitting the bracing. LMK if you are sure of your measurements and it'll fit, if you want it I'll make some cut sheets and stuff.

s10box.png

s10box2.png

I think subs up, one on each side of the cab, port in the middle going forward or up would both be cool. I'd do whatever you like though. Getting that little bit extra air space in the box would be good for getting those lows to come out. This box I made is a bit on the lower end of the recommended for those subs (3-5 cu. ft. each from what I saw.) This box starts rolling off pretty hard under 30Hz but that's still really low. The port on this one would be firing into the back of your seat too, which might be nice for a back massage but might not be great for SPL. Not sure how much room between the seat and the port there would be and if it would breathe well.

What exactly constrains you on height? Just don't want it to cover the window?

Archived