Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

jessdabest77

I would like experience thoughts and opinions on how to build my box. It's a 02 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext. can truck and need help with the box design. I'm doing two 15's FI SP4's on two 3500 watt amps. I'm not looking into competitions I just want to play super and low. All musical. I only have done subs and port up but I want experience in these trucks who get loud. I have looked online but no help. Plz help thank you

15 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

I would like experience thoughts and opinions on how to build my box. It's a 02 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext. can truck and need help with the box design. I'm doing two 15's FI SP4's on two 3500 watt amps. I'm not looking into competitions I just want to play super and low. All musical. I only have done subs and port up but I want experience in these trucks who get loud. I have looked online but no help. Plz help thank you

You're going to have to fill like the entirety of the rear part of the cab to fit a ported box if you want a ported box. You could basically do a wall, subs forward, port forward. Tuned to somewhere between 27-34Hz would be a good musical tuning that would handle most/all lows except for the decaf-est decaf music. I'm not experienced with that truck specifically, but the volume inside the cabin is going to affect the sound a lot with the windows closed verses open. I personally think a walled setup would be best, though.

If you wanted to send me a bunch of good/accurate measurements for the back of your cabin I could make a little design for you over the next few days and the people on this forum could tell you whether or not it's total shite lol. I'm not up to much right now.

That cab is too small to do a subs and port forward enclosure. You would have to put the port on the side firing towards the drivers side panel. Subs up would better. On a truck build if a forward wall doesn’t fit, then subs up port side, drivers side, yields the next best spl. You might have to do subs forward and port side. Post pictures of your trucks cab and some measurements for resonance and placement purposes. Port up doesn’t resonate as well, flow as well nor create as much sound pressure as port side because of distance from port to a hard surface and bounce off and travel directions. Even if the subwoofers and port are both up and close to the roof, the travel wouldn’t be as ideal in that type of cabin area.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I can design that too. And just because you see more of something doesn’t mean it’s better. I see a lot of stuff repeat itself on YouTube when it comes to designs but that doesn’t mean that design is optimal in reference to that cabin. But if it seems better to you then I’m not gonna force you to believe me and push you away towards CFD and he designs you a fart box. Lol! But just to let you know, I designed a subs up port side enclosure that a member on here wanted and it did a 157 sealed. Truck is a gmc Colorado. Bigger cabin than yours. Subwoofers are 2 Skar evl 15s. Not as good subwoofers as yours. Amp is a taramps smart 3. Not as much rms as yours. Check his build log on the memebers build section. His screen name is @Spazy808

You should post pictures of your trucks cab and some measurements. Maybe some pictures with a measuring tape measuring different parts of the seats from back of seat to back cabin wall so I can learn the slant. Make sure seats are how you like them when sitting. I need other measurement too. Width and height too. I need to learn the cabin area to know what’s needed.

Archived