I'm about to buy the American bass xr 10d2. I have an amp that will run 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms to it. I wanted to build a box that lets it sound great with the metal I listen to. I was thinking 2 sq ft. But I can't decide between ported or sealed, and if ported, what tune, etc? Any advice is appreciated!

Screenshot_20201022-141929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-145001_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

First things first....  What amp? And will the sub be dual 2 or dual 4 ohm? That listing is for a dual 2 ohm sub, which can not be wired to 2 ohm. 

Just wanting to make sure they match up before anything else. Also note that even if you got a dual 4 ohm sub and wired it to 2 ohms on a very efficient amp, after impedance rise the sub will never see a real 1000 watts RMS.  As frequencies change impedance changes and the amp produces different amounts of power, same thing with voltage, as voltage drops the amount of power produced by the amp drops... So even with a 1000 rms amp, even if the sub could be wired to 2 ohms, you may only get 500 real watts.... 

Next, do you only listen to metal? Because the fact that you listen to metal makes me think sealed would be better for you. But being under powered a small box would not be ideal. And i have not yet looked that sub up to determine if it is a good candidate for sealed or ported. Enclosures are built to the subs they will house, and different subs like different enclosures. Some do well in both ported and sealed, while others are a bit more picky. And the amount of power you throw at a sub also determines what size of enclosure you should run as well. LOTS of power, smaller box.... Not enough power, larger box.....

So first lets find out if that setup is a good match for itself, for you, and for the music you listen to.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Archived