Dd1 and Spotify?

Imo spotify is a pain in the ass to add your own files to use on your phone; I've tried, and it seems it is now broken yet again from when I made a post last year about it.

The playlist you mention is likely from the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty setup which is completely fine to use. Otherwise I would add the files from https://www.wccaraudio.com/downloads to something like apple music or google music - much easier.

The difficulty with using bluetooth is that some head units can actually accommodate higher than the base source level without distorting. For instance my 80 PRS on bluetooth can take +2 or +3, I can't remember, on source level in settings to reach a distortion point at 61; while at 0 source level it just doesn't distort at 62.

The video below from 5star shows exactly this; and also shows the CD will get you the same RCA out voltage (4.9) at 0 source level with max volume as the blue tooth (4.9) at 62 with +2 source level. This varies unit to unit though, so you will have to test yourself. Imo just tune with the most common source unit you will be using.

3 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Imo spotify is a pain in the ass to add your own files to use on your phone; I've tried, and it seems it is now broken yet again from when I made a post last year about it.

The playlist you mention is likely from the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty setup which is completely fine to use. Otherwise I would add the files from https://www.wccaraudio.com/downloads to something like apple music or google music - much easier.

The difficulty with using bluetooth is that some head units can actually accommodate higher than the base source level without distorting. For instance my 80 PRS on bluetooth can take +2 or +3, I can't remember, on source level in settings to reach a distortion point at 61; while at 0 source level it just doesn't distort at 62.

The video below from 5star shows exactly this; and also shows the CD will get you the same RCA out voltage (4.9) at 0 source level with max volume as the blue tooth (4.9) at 62 with +2 source level. This varies unit to unit though, so you will have to test yourself. Imo just tune with the most common source unit you will be using.

Thank you brother ! I will use the Spotify one then... Then I guess just keep it connected and switch to say siruius and test max volume with that til it distorts?

Only two things I listen to really.

Stock hu with dsr1

49 minutes ago, cbuts said:

Thank you brother ! I will use the Spotify one then... Then I guess just keep it connected and switch to say siruius and test max volume with that til it distorts?

Only two things I listen to really.

Stock hu with dsr1

Yeah you got it, set with bluetooth and double check on other sources 

Are you running Spotify on your phone then connecting via BT or are you using Android Auto/Car Play?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

7 minutes ago, Baydestrian said:

Are you running Spotify on your phone then connecting via BT or are you using Android Auto/Car Play?

I'm running Spotify on phone over Bluetooth I don't use car play,

According to dd1 it's telling me my max clean volume is 37/38 with my factory head unit.. does this make sense ? I'm using a Rockford fosgate dsr1 

Archived