Sundown Audio

Difference between Mini (Nano) Amps and Normal Amps

InVez

Hello Everybody,I am a new member here. I was into car audio in the past (15 years ago) but these days i want to invest in a really good setup for my Ford Focus MK3 hatchback. 

I went into a car audio shop and was told that a mini amp can do the work for me. 

Amps that i used in the past where 5 times the size of that mini amp (Kenwood) they showed me.

Are these mini amps really that good? I have no idea about the performance, overheating, problems and benefits of them compared with models from the past. 

Thank yoi

2 hours ago, InVez said:

Hello Everybody,I am a new member here. I was into car audio in the past (15 years ago) but these days i want to invest in a really good setup for my Ford Focus MK3 hatchback. 

I went into a car audio shop and was told that a mini amp can do the work for me. 

Amps that i used in the past where 5 times the size of that mini amp (Kenwood) they showed me.

Are these mini amps really that good? I have no idea about the performance, overheating, problems and benefits of them compared with models from the past. 

Thank yoi

Basically, as technology progressed, amp sizes got smaller. Some small amps are better than others, but if you get a good one from a reputable company, it can absolutely do the job

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived