Grounding question

6 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Ahhh I gotcha. I can’t even imagine where I’d even mount all that equipment, let alone ground it!

I was worried too. All that isn't going to fit in my cab. Then, watching the reviving the Tahoe videos, I'm stealing that setup and putting the amps under the box. Good luck stealing my equipment. Going to have to steal the truck. 

But that's why I'm so worried about the grounding issue. There's no way my grounds can be less than 18" long. That's another reason I'm down to go overkill on the grounding. Hoping someone who has experience with this sort thing can help. Give me an idea on how to do it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

22 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I was worried too. All that isn't going to fit in my cab. Then, watching the reviving the Tahoe videos, I'm stealing that setup and putting the amps under the box. Good luck stealing my equipment. Going to have to steal the truck. 

But that's why I'm so worried about the grounding issue. There's no way my grounds can be less than 18" long. That's another reason I'm down to go overkill on the grounding. Hoping someone who has experience with this sort thing can help. Give me an idea on how to do it

Can you call Steve directly? I mean real first hand experience there

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

16 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Can you call Steve directly? I mean real first hand experience there

He's a busy man, I wouldn't even bother him with this lol. Not to mention, I don't have his number lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Haha right. Well I’d say you’re smart enough at this that you couldn’t do it “wrong”. You know you’ll get someone to come in after and say well you could’ve done it better this way or that.... but you already asked for best advice. Multiple runs, no matter how long they are, should bring your resistance to minimum. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Quality cable, quality lugs and hardware, and nice runs. Easy peezy. Don’t stress about it like I was haha I was more restless over the fact I had 25’ foot extra 1/0 sitting here burning a hole in my bench! So I added that extra run, unnecessary no doubt but can’t say it won’t flow well now. 

Archived