Sonic Electronix

Anyone using an SMD Fuse Block with Sky High Car Audio 2/0 lugs??  I just bought 3 SMD fuse blocks (1 - dual, 2 quads Heavy Duty XL) and my SHCA 2/0 lugs DON'T FIT with my 500 amp SHCA ANL fuses longways. I had to add thick aluminum washers to the studs to raise the fuses up above the wire lugs because otherwise they will not fit. Yes I bought the XL versions. What is going on here??! Secondly, when I tighten the nuts (NOT acorn nuts) down onto the studs to secure the 2/0 lugs and fuses, the round clear glass on the BACKSIDE of the fuse block CRACKED (one completely shattered and fell apart/out) which otherwise prevents the bolt from spinning!! What is the maximum torque specs?? Again, I'm referring to the small portions of glass on the backside, not referring to the plexiglass cover!) Apparently not strong enough as they are. I'm highly disappointed because these are supposed to be the best fuse blocks on the (car audio) market. Based on this 3 time experience. VIDEO of showing this issue: 

And I could be completely wrong, but from bottom up shouldnt it be the base, lug or fuse(whichever order u prefer), then nut tightened, stopping the lug from spinning? The black acorn nut is only to softly secure the cover? I actually put a nut securing my SCHA stud, then built fuse and lug on top of that, then secured those tightly. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Yeah dude, that plexiglass top is just too protect the fuse, not to hold anything down. I've never even seen anyone install one with a wrench. Just hand tight. As far as the fuse not fitting, pictures would help with that

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 11/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, JakeW said:

Do you have pics to try to determine what happened? And was there a reason you didn’t match the smd fuse holder with smd fuses?

I already owned a 5 pack of 500 amp ANL fuses from when I was using only SHCA fuse blocks.  Photo shows how lug doesn't line up with hole due to SMD washer being in the way. I took video and several other photos if interested. I had to use 2 aluminum washers to get lug to fit onto block.

20201115_182456.jpg

Unfortunately you’re mixing 2 different to products, although I get what you’re trying to accomplish. If it was me, I’d either go back to scha blocks with scha lugs, and fuses or Order some smd fuses. Altough I can’t guarantee those will fit either. and did you get the cover figured out? The acorn nuts should only be hand tight (on the new covers you’ll order)

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

That is strange though. I could show you a hundred pictures off Instagram of people using SMD fuse blocks with SHCA fuses, wire, and lugs. I see what you mean though, it doesn't line up. Me personally, I would take some shears and cut a little bit of the tip off the ring terminal to get it to fit. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 11/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, JakeW said:

And I could be completely wrong, but from bottom up shouldnt it be the base, lug or fuse(whichever order u prefer), then nut tightened, stopping the lug from spinning? The black acorn nut is only to softly secure the cover? I actually put a nut securing my SCHA stud, then built fuse and lug on top of that, then secured those tightly. 

I wasn't referring to the black acorn nuts.

Archived