Sundown Audio

Need help selecting a mono amp to run 2 pioneer premier pro TS-W3001D4

DayV914

Hi I am fairly new to the car audio world and needed help selecting an amp to pair with my 2 TS-W3001D4 subwoofers I have. The 2 subwoofers are currently in a ported box. I am unsure of which amp would be best for me to get to run these subs at their full potential. The subs are rated at 1000watts rms nominal each and 3000w max. They are currently being ran by a JL Audio JX1000/1 amp. I am not sure if I am correct but they are connected in parallel to the amplifier. I will attach pictures of the way the subs are currently ran and the amplifier as well. These subs were given to me by my uncle along with the amp. They were already setup and installed in his previous car with that amplifier. If this is of any importance I am currently running 0 gauge ofc to a 4 farad capacitor. Another thing I would like to mention is that I also have an epicenter installed. The subs are great and all but I would like to use them to their full potential. Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

20200121_220614.jpg

20200223_152330.jpg

On 11/21/2020 at 12:51 AM, Dafaseles said:

At what ohm are you running the subs? If they're dual 4 subs, I'd run them at 1 ohm, and get a 2000-2500 watt amp that's 1 ohm stable. Any price restrictions? 

Thank you for your help and quick response I am unaware honestly at what ohm's my subs are being ran at I have uploaded a picture of how the subs are being wired. Both subs are wired the same exact way and then from each side of the ported box it has the terminals for each sub. From there I am running 12 gauge speaker wire to the amplifier. They are 2 DVC 4ohm subs. I just want to be able to run these subs at their best performance. I feel like they are being underpowered with the current setup that I have now. Which is the JL jx1000/1. I looked up my subs in the pioneer website and this is the information they give me "TS-W3001D4: Dual 4 ohm, 4 Layer, Long Coil (2 ohm x or 8 ohm)". By looking at this I am not sure if I can actually run my speakers at 1ohm or 2ohm is the lowest I can run them at.  

So yes, you can run each sub at 8 ohm or 2 ohm. Run both subs at 2 ohm and your amplifier would see 1 ohm. Run both at 8 ohm, your amp would see 4 ohm. I put in a picture on how to wire them. To check the impedance, you can always hook them up to a multimeter. Yeah, those subs are definitely underpowered on that amplifier, not to mention I'm assuming you're running your subs with a 4 ohm load considering that amplifier isn't 1 ohm stable. A good 2000 or 2500 watt amp would push those well. If you don't have tools to set the gain properly, I'd recommend 2000 watts. If you have access to an oscilloscope or DD1, you could get a 2500 watt amp and still be safe. Good brands in my opinion are Sundown, DC, Incriminator..... the usual. If you wanted to, you could even get another JX 1000/1 and run each of those at 2 ohm, but they discontinued the JX line, so it would have to be used

Screenshot_20201123-123012_Samsung Internet.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all the help provided. I've been busy with work so I wasn't able to respond sooner.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:38 PM, Dafaseles said:

So yes, you can run each sub at 8 ohm or 2 ohm. Run both subs at 2 ohm and your amplifier would see 1 ohm. Run both at 8 ohm, your amp would see 4 ohm. I put in a picture on how to wire them. To check the impedance, you can always hook them up to a multimeter. Yeah, those subs are definitely underpowered on that amplifier, not to mention I'm assuming you're running your subs with a 4 ohm load considering that amplifier isn't 1 ohm stable. A good 2000 or 2500 watt amp would push those well. If you don't have tools to set the gain properly, I'd recommend 2000 watts. If you have access to an oscilloscope or DD1, you could get a 2500 watt amp and still be safe. Good brands in my opinion are Sundown, DC, Incriminator..... the usual. If you wanted to, you could even get another JX 1000/1 and run each of those at 2 ohm, but they discontinued the JX line, so it would have to be used

Screenshot_20201123-123012_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived