Second Skin Audio

What materials do I need to build a proper enclosure?

Dafaseles

15 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But if you do 1” panels instead then the design would have to be tweaked to compensate the wood width increase.

I don't know what to do man. I know MDF. I don't care how heavy it is, I'm putting load helping bags on the truck. But I respect and value your opinion. You've never steered me wrong, and helped me a crap ton! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Mdf would work too. For sure. But you would have to brace it to achieve optimal output. Since mdf is more flexible, bracing is needed more now. Contact that guy and ask him about bracing. Then go on YouTube and look at 6th order enclosures and you’ll see that they are braced. So make sure that guy factors in bracing.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Mdf would work too. For sure. But you would have to brace it to achieve optimal output. Since mdf is more flexible, bracing is needed more now. Contact that guy and ask him about bracing. Then go on YouTube and look at 6th order enclosures and you’ll see that they are braced. So make sure that guy factors in bracing.

These are dope! 

Screenshot_20201216-210524_Instagram.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I was told that rubberized undercoating works good to seal the box better. Not positive it helped anything but I thought it was worth a shot.

I also added a wood dowel in a weak spot, it has a very slight interference fit and is glued in. 

Some use silver HVAC tape to smooth out airflow and seal things up better. 

Archived