Sonic Electronix

Adding Subwoofer to 2017 Mazda CX-5 Help

Hey guys I am trying to find out the cleanest way to hook up my Sundown SA 12 to my 2017 Mazda CX-5 (with Bose). The factory Bose system is making this install more difficult as I am unsure of what to splice into. I would like to bypass the Bose sound system and hook up my Orion amp straight into the headunit if possible. I also have a DSP sitting in a box in the garage that I could also hook up but for now am only wanting to add a subwoofer. There is a stock subwoofer in the tire well in the rear but I don't want to tie into it because of the Bose processing. Just looking for advice or different approaches for me to do this and have it still look clean and neat. 

So I ended up buying a LOC called the PAC that connects directly in between the HU and the TAU. After hooking it up it seemed to work and my O-scope doesn't pick up any bass roll off anymore. My speakers with the factory amp and the subwoofer with my aftermarket amp both were working. This morning I am having an issue though where the LOC is taking over control of the sound from the car and not sending anything to the factory amplifier. Its pissing me off as I want to use the factory amp for now for the speakers and the Orion for the sub but only the sub is getting signal. If I disconnect the RCAs from the LOC and reset the HU my factory amp regains control and now can play again. Any idea what could be causing this?

Archived