Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions

DizzleDizzle

My personal suggestion would be the crossfire 400.4

https://www.down4soundshop.com/C5-400-4/

You don't have to buy it from down for sound, this is just where I knew it was so you could look at it.

But if it was me, I'd figure out a way to come up with a little more dough and get the Rockford Fosgate 400.4 they have. 

Thing is with most 400.4 amps, it's 100 watts per channel at 2 ohm, which as I'm sure you've seen, most speakers come in at 4 ohm. So at 4 ohm, you'd be seeing about 50 watts per channel. 

Do you know what speakers you're going to run? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 weeks later...

So in the front I'm running a old set of MB quart db drive 6.5s Which I'll probably switch out for some components of the same brand. Rear I've got what I think are vintage radio shack 6x9s some weird brand I couldnt find any info about online besides in old radio shack catalogs from late 70s. I found them at a radio shack that was like a portal into another time thought they looked dope and bought them at a discount price. Brand is Richsound or something like that. I'll probably change them out for a set of RF 6x9s though. The magnets are too big and hit the trunk torsion springs which causes rear package tray to flex every time I open or close the trunk or they'd be staying in. I'm not sure what rms on the 6x9s is I believe it said on speaker not to exceed 150 watts. The MB quarts I'll have to check rms on. 

Probably go with these in the rear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P88TOA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QBJTEHCRC2GWQ6P7E7TF

These are what I have in front now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011LO8O6K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_3R4A85M0CRCZZSSJ3DQH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

But will probably switch to these or some other random set I happen upon even. Nothing is set in stone yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P0R6LQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FMV56SX8CQDXMAW2QSFE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That crossfire amp doesn't really interest me for some reason. I love RF gear though the p400.4 is definitely in my range I'm not sure about the t400.4 though. Is there a big difference in the power and punch series amps? I've only ever ran punch amps in the past but always liked them.

Another thing I've got to think about, which shouldn't be a big deal since most 4 channels are smaller, is that I dont have alot of extra dpace on the panel I built to mount the amps. With the jp23 mounted towards the bottom I have maybe 8" usable space above it and maybe 10" to the left unless I mount at weord abgles or make spacers or something. I'm not completely opposed to doing any of that but rather not have to.

20210303_160848.jpg

20210303_160529.jpg

20210303_155824_HDR.jpg

29 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Didn't jp come out with a 4 channel? You could have them match

I believe it is a preorder deal dont think its out yet but I was def considering it. Just not trying to wait that long 😂 bass drowns out the mids and highs 🙄😑

Edit: Defaseles you know what bro your right. I checked and they should be coming in March 12. Ive been waiting this long might as well go ahead and wait a little longer and get a nice matching amp.

It doesn't matter, but I always thought it looked cleaner to have all matching amps lol. Those amps can't be bad, or at least shouldn't be. 

7 hours ago, DizzleDizzle said:

The JP 4 channel is 234watts per channel at 4 ohms 😱 that'll blow my mids up lol.

Holy crap lol. Oops lol. Yeah dude, that fosgate is looking good! 🤣

Archived