Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions

DizzleDizzle

Looking for suggestions on a mono block amp that will do 1800-2000 watt at 1 ohm.

Budget is 300-400 and that's absolutely maximum budget.

I want something that will last. A lot of the leads I find look like great budget amps that do rated but when looking through reviews I find too many complaints about the life of amp. Thanks for any and all suggestions and help in advance and sorry if this subject is played out just seems like options change so much that older threads become outdated fast.

Thanks for another helpful response Dafaseles the SFB line is one of the amps I have been looking into that and the Taramps MD line. To be completely honest I'm terified of both due to the technology. Neither is off the table they just aren't very high on the list. If I had to chose one of the two it would definitely be the sundown product. 

Good recommendation though keep them coming any and all help will make the decision process a little easier. I'm researching and trying to make a well thought out purchase instead of jumping into it. If you have any high end recommendations I can always look into buying used or refurb I will follow any and all leads lol.

I'm sort of wanting to try out this amp. Even though it comes in 100 watts under what I need rms. The line of amps was tested by BigDWiz and did very close to rated. He also recommended this line(smaller version) in his budget amp 2020 video.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-158919-NVX-VAD17001.html

I've always been curious about NVX and it doesn't hurt that I can get a $99 ofc amp kit thrown in for free with it.

Should I take one for the team and try this or not risk my money and just wait until I find something better.

1 hour ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Thanks for another helpful response Dafaseles the SFB line is one of the amps I have been looking into that and the Taramps MD line. To be completely honest I'm terified of both due to the technology. Neither is off the table they just aren't very high on the list. If I had to chose one of the two it would definitely be the sundown product. 

Good recommendation though keep them coming any and all help will make the decision process a little easier. I'm researching and trying to make a well thought out purchase instead of jumping into it. If you have any high end recommendations I can always look into buying used or refurb I will follow any and all leads lol.

This amp is rated at 2450 @1 ohm. You can pre order it now for $250. I don't know much about it other than Sundown Unofficial did an amp dyno video on it and it did very well. I'm assuming it's a Chinese built board, so I can't speak to the overall quality of it, but the guys as Sundown Unofficial where hyping the mess out of it. 

https://caraudiobargain.com/audio-apex-cab-22-out-of-stock-until-early-to-mid-january-can-be-ordered/

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

That's pretty dope I remember those CAB 2000.1s when they came out I always wanted to try them. That company APEX is the one that bought out car audio bargain right?

Still way over powered my two 8s are rated 800 rms each and though having countless good reviews haven't been around long enough to have a reputation. I may have to just order that sucker but I don't want to overpower and fry them I figure they could handle 2k all day if I set gain right but that would be throwing over half k more than they are rated.

11 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

That's pretty dope I remember those CAB 2000.1s when they came out I always wanted to try them. That company APEX is the one that bought out car audio bargain right?

Still way over powered my two 8s are rated 800 rms each and though having countless good reviews haven't been around long enough to have a reputation. I may have to just order that sucker but I don't want to overpower and fry them I figure they could handle 2k all day if I set gain right but that would be throwing over half k more than they are rated.

Yeah, apex bought cab.

There's also the JP23 that everyone is hyping the crap out of for $300.

https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-jp23-2300w-rms-amplifier/

But yeah, that's over 2000 as well. 

I'm looking.... what, nobody makes a decent China made board amplifier for 2k anymore? 🤣. It seems like the higher quality Korean board amps for 2k go between $500-$700. 

Of course U.S. Acoustics makes a 1500

https://ficaraudio.com/product/usacoustics-mike-mono/

And a 2500

https://ficaraudio.com/product/usacoustics-nick-monoblock/

No 2000 🤬

1 hour ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Looks like I may be overpowering my subs then. I really want that free lanyard and bass knob voltmeter combo. I'm just a sucker for free stuff

🤣

I ordered my 2 Salt 4's from down for sound....I didn't get ANY of the free items. None. I contacted them via email.... no response. Oh well, the amps came quick and in perfect condition, so I can't complain but too much. 🤷‍♂️

Really? Thats kind of BS. I mean the amp has a bass knob with built in voltmeter so if the free one doesn't show oh well but I'll be mad if a decal and lanyard doesnt show. The more concerning part is that you didn't get a response. I figured coming from D4S you'd get some pretty damn good customer service. Atleast a hey I forgot to throw the stuff in and it would cost extra to send now so better luck next time. Some kind of a reply even a negative one would be better than no reply. Maybe I'm just overthinking it though I'm sure JP has great customer service at D4S.

Thanks for all the help Dafaseles I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the jp23 amp you posted but if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears.

Archived