Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions

DizzleDizzle

I probably did something wrong or something. I emailed them maybe 2 months before I ordered the amps to ask when they would have them back in stock, and they got back to me fairly quickly. Or maybe that one particular email got lost in the sea of emails🤷‍♂️ I just wanted the shirt lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Well I pulled the trigger on it. I'll update when It arrives. Thanks again Defaseles.

Update on how you like it. With all the hype of this amp, I'm interested in what you think about it

Received today along with decal, voltmeter, lanyard and t-shirt.

Dope!

I'm hoping to install it soon just gotta run power ground and RCA and also finish up the sub enclosure. I'll post my thoughts once I get it up and going.

Hopefully I figure out how to post pics by then. I'm guessing I need to use a pic hosting service?

53 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Yea thats how I've been trying to do it but get no response from browser when I click no options pop up. I guess it could be my privacy browser but I just figured I needed a paid membership to use the feature or something lol 😆

You need at least a bronze membership to post unlimited pictures, but you can post quite a few without a membership. If I had any idea what you where talking about with browser response and privacy browser whatever...I could help. I'm so computer illiterate it's not even funny lol. 

I bought a JP23. I replaced a Kenwood 9106D amp that is rated 500w @ 4ohm, 1000w @ 2ohm.

Before the Kenwood I had an Alpine MRP-500. 300w @4ohm, 500w @ 2ohm.

My sub has always been a single 4ohm Boston Acoustics g5 10". It is rated 450w RMS.

The JP23 woke my sub up noticeably. Now, the sub overpowers my deck powered interior speakers (Alpine). I haven't fine tuned it yet. I tried to set the gain using my DVM but had problems doing it so I just set gain roughly, by ear, on a 40hz test tone.

It's true that the bass knob is extremely bright. At night its definitely too bright.

Shortly after JP23 install, I also installed a passive radiator in my sub box. Hits low notes with authority, filling the car with thick powerful bass. 

I noticed the JP23 price on D4S went up from 300 to 350.

Yea I was thinking of throwing a piece of tint on the knob either that or else mounting it in the center console. I read about it being too bright at night.

The price is supposed to go up again if I'm not mistaken he is going to be selling for 400 is what I think I read somewhere. Not 100% sure about that though.

Now I'm on the search for a super cheap amp for mids. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Archived