Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions

DizzleDizzle

So im pretty sure I'm mainly talking to myself at this point but if anyone knowledgeable sees this I could use some advice.

So I made the ports at 12" including the flares, I did not make them any bigger because they were so close to the back wall of enclosure. I read a post that said the port needs to be atleast the diameter of the tube away from the back wall or else it will affect tuning(lower).

I am confused as this is the recommended enclosure design from manufacturer. Even though I am sure this box will sound great there is too much iffy shit going on here. What should I do go ahead and use it and figure out tuning after or build a new  enclosure?

Also I will be overpowering the subs eventually and did not account for this when designing and building enclosure. Please advise.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Yea I was thinking of throwing a piece of tint on the knob either that or else mounting it in the center console. I read about it being too bright at night.

The price is supposed to go up again if I'm not mistaken he is going to be selling for 400 is what I think I read somewhere. Not 100% sure about that though.

Now I'm on the search for a super cheap amp for mids. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Any thoughts about watts? 2 channel? 4 channel? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

18 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

So im pretty sure I'm mainly talking to myself at this point but if anyone knowledgeable sees this I could use some advice.

So I made the ports at 12" including the flares, I did not make them any bigger because they were so close to the back wall of enclosure. I read a post that said the port needs to be atleast the diameter of the tube away from the back wall or else it will affect tuning(lower).

I am confused as this is the recommended enclosure design from manufacturer. Even though I am sure this box will sound great there is too much iffy shit going on here. What should I do go ahead and use it and figure out tuning after or build a new  enclosure?

Also I will be overpowering the subs eventually and did not account for this when designing and building enclosure. Please advise.

I would help, but I don't know Jack about box building. Sorry

13 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Any thoughts about watts? 2 channel? 4 channel? 

Looking for a 4 channel. I'm thinking less than 100 watts per channel maybe 60-75watt haven't picked out mids and highs yet though.

Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: I lie I have a pair of Polk db 651s in the front probably going to switch those put for some components though. No idea which ones looking at some RF 6x9s for rear.

1 hour ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Looking for a 4 channel. I'm thinking less than 100 watts per channel maybe 60-75watt haven't picked out mids and highs yet though.

Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: I lie I have a pair of Polk db 651s in the front probably going to switch those put for some components though. No idea which ones looking at some RF 6x9s for rear.

Do you have any kind of budget you're looking at? 

For some unknown reason, I steady stay looking at equipment I don't like, don't need, like a lot, or just plain can't afford. So helping with finding equipment is what I'm good at🤣

Get that jensen amp at walmart, built in DSP for $94, why not. Ws going to suggest audiopipe apmn 2000 but looks like you got that one taken care of.

What are your box specs including port size? I can run it on the calculator. 

You can always turn a amplifier down as it doesn't need to be ran at rated, It does not hurt to have the headroom. You can't however turn a amp up past it's ratings! haha.

50 minutes ago, sICSoundz said:

Get that jensen amp at walmart, built in DSP for $94, why not. Ws going to suggest audiopipe apmn 2000 but looks like you got that one taken care of.

What are your box specs including port size? I can run it on the calculator. 

You can always turn a amplifier down as it doesn't need to be ran at rated, It does not hurt to have the headroom. You can't however turn a amp up past it's ratings! haha.

As much as I hate Jensen I might be willing to try that lmao. I was looking at two other amps I forget the names but one is the toro audio rx4. The other one I cant find the screenshot for 

Here's the link to my thread about the enclosure. Box is 35.25"W x 14"D x 12"H and has a divider in middle Port is 4" diameter and 12" long including flared ends.

Archived