Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions

DizzleDizzle

Lmfao thought we had decided huh.

What mids if any have that high of power requirements? I dont see why I would need that much power unless running multiple sets which would ve a bit much for this car.

As far as the RF should I splurge and get the power series or will the punch satisfy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Lmfao thought we had decided huh.

What mids if any have that high of power requirements? I dont see why I would need that much power unless running multiple sets which would ve a bit much for this car.

As far as the RF should I splurge and get the power series or will the punch satisfy?

The 8's I'm using in my build are 250 watt rms. I'm not going to pump that much through them, but I could. 

I hate to say it, but especially with the "big brands" in car audio, 99 times out of 100, the more you spend, the better quality product you're getting. Would you be happy with the punch, probably. Would you be happier with the power series and still probably be able to use it if you plan to upgrade, I would say most likely. So that decision is up to you bud. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Id like to add that I am also considering the p600.4 which is around the same price as t400.4 but puts out 75watts per channel at 4ohms versus the 60 that the t400.4 puts out. My wife said just get her the p400.4 but I already got way more into this build than the budget allowed why start going cheap now right lmfao.

39 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Id like to add that I am also considering the p600.4 which is around the same price as t400.4 but puts out 75watts per channel at 4ohms versus the 60 that the t400.4 puts out. My wife said just get her the p400.4 but I already got way more into this build than the budget allowed why start going cheap now right lmfao.

No reason to cheap out at all! Finally someone gets it! 

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

No reason to cheap out at all! Finally someone gets it! 

Well my reasoning at the time was the car is a cheap beater work car with no alarm and no garage to park it in we just wanted something super cheap that we could leave parked in the street day and night.

Now that we have more into the system than the car is probably worth I feel a little differently. 🤣

14 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

Well my reasoning at the time was the car is a cheap beater work car with no alarm and no garage to park it in we just wanted something super cheap that we could leave parked in the street day and night.

Now that we have more into the system than the car is probably worth I feel a little differently. 🤣

Dude, I'm in the same boat as you. I've now graduated to the point of 4 12's and over $10,000.... for an upgrade 😳

I hear ya man I just sold my expedition with my DC audio setup I used to do a little competing with it nothing serious but took 2nd at one of the local competitions and was doing over 150 on 2 15s. Ive had the same setup last 3 vehicles but decided it was time to let it go and try something else I used to run some sundowns really liked the sound of them. Maybe I'll try some more sundowns maybe I'll try some resilient sounds or something who knows. Don't even have the vehicle and I'm already planning a system for it 😁

2 hours ago, DizzleDizzle said:

I hear ya man I just sold my expedition with my DC audio setup I used to do a little competing with it nothing serious but took 2nd at one of the local competitions and was doing over 150 on 2 15s. Ive had the same setup last 3 vehicles but decided it was time to let it go and try something else I used to run some sundowns really liked the sound of them. Maybe I'll try some more sundowns maybe I'll try some resilient sounds or something who knows. Don't even have the vehicle and I'm already planning a system for it 😁

This will be my first time using anything other than JL equipment in over 15 years! 🤣I ran a fosgate setup in my first vehicle, and then I bought a set of MTX subs, still running off that Rockford amp, then I bought a pair of w3's in like....2003 maybe..... but learning more and more, I learned I don't need high priced JL equipment to achieve what I'm trying to accomplish. 

This will probably be the last system I put in my vehicle. My hopes are I can get my daughter's into it so maybe they'll want me to put something in their car when they get older 🤣

That would be super dope man. How old are they? I hope to have kids one day and hope they will be interested. My nephew seems like hes starting to take a interest and hes getting close to the age. I hope one day if he decides he wants a dope system he comes to me. His mom has been waiting on me to install a system for her too though so who knows as busy as I've been lately haven't hardly had time for basic necessities like eating amd sleeping lmfao.

52 minutes ago, DizzleDizzle said:

That would be super dope man. How old are they? I hope to have kids one day and hope they will be interested. My nephew seems like hes starting to take a interest and hes getting close to the age. I hope one day if he decides he wants a dope system he comes to me. His mom has been waiting on me to install a system for her too though so who knows as busy as I've been lately haven't hardly had time for basic necessities like eating amd sleeping lmfao.

My girls are 4 and 2, so I've got tons of time. My 4 year old "helps"me with the building and installation. Hopefully she'll remember helping me out. 

I feel you man! I'm still trying to find time to have dinner from 3 nights ago lol. 

Speaking of 4 channel amps, I just got my Cresendo C2000.4D in the mail today! 

Archived