Sonic Electronix

That depends what subs you have. Are they dual 4's or dual 2's. Dual 2's you can wire them to .5, 2, and 8 ohm, dual 4's you can run 1 ohm or 4 ohm. 

And I'll be honest, I thought this whole time you wanted to run them at 1 ohm. At 2 ohm, with proper electrical of course, I would go with a 5k amp. Sorry about that

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 minutes ago, BrandonCrusan said:

Well they are dual 4ohm woofers and Skar has them loaded at 1ohm coming out of 1 terminal cup

So if I'm following you, the box has each speaker wired to a 2 ohm load so the amplifier will see the 1 ohm. Got it. 

Yes, the incriminator audio amp would work pretty well as long as the gains are set properly. 

Their website doesn't specifically say that their wired at a 2ohm load but they are dual 4ohm subs with a final impedence of 1ohm so Im gusssing they are wired at 2 ohms.

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series-loaded-enclosures-and-subwoofer-bass-packages/products/skar-evl-dual-12-inch-loaded-subwoofer-enclosure That is the link if can help make sure that what Im saying is correct. And if you say the Incriminator amp would work, I'd definitely buy it. 

So yeah, 2 dual 4 ohm subs, wired to 2 ohm with a final joint load of 1 ohm. Total, those subs will like ~2500 watts for both. That 5000 watt peak you see, means those 2 subs can handle 5000 watts for maybe a minute before it damages them. I don't understand why some manufacturers add that into the specs. Just to make the subs sound tougher to unsuspecting consumers I guess. 

That IA20.1 would work and that's a quality amp as well. Good choice in my opinion

Yeah, I never look at peak either cause its a marketing thing really, but yeah I'll definitely be going with either the IA20.1 or the PSI 5k, I would just have to rewire the woofers to 2ohms so the 5k doesnt damage them. But yeah, I seriously appreciate the help. Its hard getting some quality information from experienced people

12 minutes ago, BrandonCrusan said:

Yeah, I never look at peak either cause its a marketing thing really, but yeah I'll definitely be going with either the IA20.1 or the PSI 5k, I would just have to rewire the woofers to 2ohms so the 5k doesnt damage them. But yeah, I seriously appreciate the help. Its hard getting some quality information from experienced people

You can't run those dual 4's at 2 ohm. Just 1 ohm or 4 ohm. Go with the Incriminator Audio amp. It's better suited for those subs

Archived