Sonic Electronix

HELP NEEDED with 6th Order box build

Ok, I’m going to put this enclosure in my crew cab Ram Big Horn Edition by taking out the front center seat/armrest and placing this in place of it with the ports facing up & putting memory foam wrapped in gray leather on top inbetween the ports so I’ll still at least have a decent armrest. I used to have a buddy who did competition builds and I’d help him all the time cuz i LOVE this stuff, but I’m computer illiterate, so never got into the schematics & how-to with designing enclosures to a desired frequency. Well, he passed about a year ago, & now here i am trying to figure out port lengths, widths, where to place my speaker baffle, etc etc.

Here’s what I’ve got: my driver is a new 10” American Bass HD10D2, I’m pushing it with a VFL HYBRID-4800.1D amp thru an American Bass AB-7B-V 7 Band eq. DON’T JUDGE ME, I’m limited on budget, so these were i felt the best bang for the buck, but i did go with OFC everything(2/0 Big Three upgrade w/dual battery setup w/isolator relay, 6-way distribution blocks off 2nd battery, 4 gauge to components amp, 2/0 to sub amp) & i got some good audiophile grade rca’s for everything... so, when finances allow me to, I’ve got the hard wiring ready for a good FI sub and still tryin ta figure out what amp I’ll go with for it. ANYWAYS!!

i need help with the design parameters for this enclosure, I’m attaching a pic I took of the rudimentary drawing i made of the layout i drew up of a build design from BudgetBasshead on YouTube that he used for a 12” Skar... i wanna stick with this design layout, but need corrected measurements for proper tuning for each side and port widths/lengths. Overall length cannot exceed 29 1/2”, depth must not exceed 16”(or less if needed for proper volume but I’d rather shorten the length if less volume is needed), and the final dimension cannot be altered which is 15 3/4” height. With the ports facing upwards, the height becomes the width between the seats, so that’s why i say it must remain 15 3/4” total height! Also, since the ports are gonna be up close and personal i thought possibly increasing the ports widths so as to lessen port noise. I’m also going to line where I’ve marked A,B, and C withfiberglass resin to lessen noise commonly heard/created from the voice coil side (my buddy taught me that trick!). The dots in the drawing are where I’ll place dowel rods cut the width of the ports for bracing, and I’ll as well build a thin bezel out of my mdf to surround the magnet and place a bolt into it going straight down to reduce the stress on my dual-wall baffle supporting this  46 pound 10” mini-beast!!

So, if anyone wouldn’t mind helping me finish this design so i can get ta cuttin’ and get this installed I’d GREATLY appreciate it. I also am looking for advice on which port you think i should put towards the front of the cab... the 30Hz side or the 50Hz???... or would it even make a difference really? That one’s beenrackin’ my brain fer a while now!! Lol

I’ve got infinity kappa’s to replace the factory’s with too, so while I’m waiting for someone kind enough and...here’s where i come short... smart enough ta throw this layout on acomputer program to get the final specs for me, I’ve got plenty of other work i can do in the meantime! Thanks in advance for any advice and for the knowledge I’ve seen in these forums so far, there seems to be some good smart & kind audio enthusiasts here and I’m glad ta join y’all.

BFA2F958-07CF-49F4-A71A-126DA05083D6.jpeg

Archived