Kyle's 4 Runner (again) Second Skin, Damore amps, SMD fuse blocks, and other fun stuff.

Two new North Star group 27's are comin, gotta figure out the second bat under hood thing,.. but i got a idea. Stole a idea actually,  well see what happens. Still haven't gotten the boards or dsp up and running. Ran out of gas,.. meaning, i did. I also have a huge dental thing going on. (So sick of my fucking teeth)

I go in, tomorrow at 8am. Not to thrilled,... well see how i feel after. Cheers all. 

#Fortheloveofaudio 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, dog24fret said:

Had to run it through my sound bar also. Sounds sweet and tight. Man I hope mine comes close to that. Great job.

Love ya my guy, hope you and yours are well my friend. 

Edit - hey bro? What amp are you running in your set up?

8 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Two new North Star group 27's are comin, gotta figure out the second bat under hood thing,.. but i got a idea. Stole a idea actually,  well see what happens. Still haven't gotten the boards or dsp up and running. Ran out of gas,.. meaning, i did. I also have a huge dental thing going on. (So sick of my fucking teeth)

I go in, tomorrow at 8am. Not to thrilled,... well see how i feel after. Cheers all. 

#Fortheloveofaudio 

hope everything goes well man. 

Still feel like a fucked butthole from the dentist appointment. But, I wanted to try and marry both these under hood bats, with SMD fuse holders.  

Meh,.. leggo. 

20210315_175747.thumb.jpg.88b54548141ac4fafee05e9631e6561b.jpg20210315_161913.thumb.jpg.790d22aca790a8f56c785517bbb2c2b5.jpg20210315_175724.thumb.jpg.956bc9202fb5e54a529e08fb303d5651.jpg20210315_175728.thumb.jpg.5a4987f70c70695014375a5366429dc3.jpg

The front to rear run, is tucked over by the second battery. Ill fuse it tomorrow. Cheers all. 

11 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Fuses? Who are you?

looks tits man, loving the updates!

Yerp,  if this wasnt a off road rig, and the abuse i give it, i wouldn't have fused that run at all, zero fucks, buuuuut, in this rig,.. I did (for real no reason honestly, but a decent piece of mind)

The run from the engine bay, through the rig, for shiz. If i can get off my ass as of this moment, ill go do that, pull the HU, hook up the rcas,remote, tap in to the tweets and mids, power the dsp and amp up, and hear shit, but, im kinda melted into the couch atm. 

2 hours ago, LordArcane said:

Any build updates? How are you teeth doing? I go tuesday to get my first impressions for my false teeth.

2 holes/bone graphs "feel" ok to my tongue. The other, i ripped two sutures on friday (i just got off weekend shift, Friday to Sunday, 14hr days, been home about an hour and change) and it feels, well,.a bit odd,.. again, with tongue gauge. Felt weak and light headed the entire time, I haven't eaten worth a fuck either. Fucking hate my god damn teeth.... hate them. 

But, Sunday/today, the radio/work wasnt to crazy, sooo, pulled the rig around the building, and worked on it when I could. 

Got the larger NorthStar in the oem location. Its larger than in the pass side. The battery mount, could only hold so big of a cell, the oem location,.. had SOME room, but, the oem pos/neg cables are wicked short. Ordered the larger one anyway. 

Fucker fit like a glove. Basically tripled my amp hour rating, from oem. 

20210321_123835.thumb.jpg.b7866857f84e111e6807f6ec0313fc1c.jpg

Now, fuse the under hood to cabin run, get power to the dsp, and amp, hook up the drivers,.. and start playing with the dsp, and Umik ....

Imma go to bed. Shredded. 

Hold up. Holy tits, i had no idea, the dash area, was sooo fucking large. Everyone on here, knows, space is ALWAYS a premium.  Dropping a 1" dome tweet (no matter how nice) just seems bad mojo to me. Ill run the driver side wires and think about it. 

I think, a nice 3.5" coax, maybe hertz would live there wicked happy. Maybe put the tweet, bye its own satori mid in the door panel or something. Hmmmm

20210322_152948.thumb.jpg.5ae18c8b7492e7b9eca34ec1bd20924e.jpg20210322_152915.thumb.jpg.b8c78324a425a8cb479266014db5c1e9.jpg

• Kyblack76 changed the title to Kyle's 4 Runner (again) Second Skin, Damore amps, SMD fuse blocks, and other fun stuff.

Archived