Kyle's 4 Runner (again) Second Skin, Damore amps, SMD fuse blocks, and other fun stuff.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, boom50cal said:

makin good progress. happy to see it.

Wicked slow brotha,... I use to be down, with working on a rig, 10,12, 14 hours, then go to work, on 2 mins of sleep, then, get back on it. Especially around competition times, world finals for sure,... ya, it ain't like that anymore lol. I just don't have the drive,.. I'm old, beat, and tired. But, it's coming along. Got a bit more deadening to do, then, the 1/0 run, and amps/dsp. So far, I am decently happy. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, Kyblack76 said:

I just got off work, and walked in the door..... i may play around this weekend.,. it is my off weekend. Well see..... Your shit, is looking super sick my guy. Hope you and yours are doin well bro....

Sorry bro I'm a little behind.

I hope your system turns out the way you are wanting it. You have always done great work imo.

Thank you that means a lot to me. I have had a lot of good examples to follow over the years. Probably won't make it to the level of some of ya guys. But I'm enjoying it lol.

We are doing well can't complain. 

Ya been doing well?

I look forward to seeing more work on this one man. That Dayton DSP was not even on my radar, so thanks for sharing. I'm curious to see a picture of the 4runner. I've got an '04 that I've had for about 10 years now. I love those things.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Wicked slow brotha,... I use to be down, with working on a rig, 10,12, 14 hours, then go to work, on 2 mins of sleep, then, get back on it. Especially around competition times, world finals for sure,... ya, it ain't like that anymore lol. I just don't have the drive,.. I'm old, beat, and tired. But, it's coming along. Got a bit more deadening to do, then, the 1/0 run, and amps/dsp. So far, I am decently happy. 

Thats a awesome description, fits me to the T. Lol At almost 50 I can do 4-6 hours and am good.  Slow ass build but best i can  do right now as well.

Great build keep up the progress. 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, dog24fret said:

Sorry bro I'm a little behind.

I hope your system turns out the way you are wanting it. You have always done great work imo.

Thank you that means a lot to me. I have had a lot of good examples to follow over the years. Probably won't make it to the level of some of ya guys. But I'm enjoying it lol.

We are doing well can't complain. 

Ya been doing well?

Hey buddy. Doin ok,.. you know me, ... just doing me. Pluggin through it. Your shit, looks wicked nice dude. You can do way more finesse work than me, you always have. Hope you and yours are well my friend. 

7 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Thats a awesome description, fits me to the T. Lol At almost 50 I can do 4-6 hours and am good.  Slow ass build but best i can  do right now as well.

Great build keep up the progress. 

Same bud, lol, same. Just kinda hard to get into it, after a 15 hour day. I will say, i do get "excited" when it pans out,... and also, not biting off to much. Man, some of those builds in the day, .... jesus. They just got SOOOoooooo fucking involved. I mean, hours of the work, then, times ten in testing. Days, weeks, months, just to see if we gained with the sun viser down, or, move the vent a 1/68th of a milimeter .... and on and on. Then fight demons, the blue boxes on the 4 alts, or fuck, working on rigs, just to MAKE it 4 states, to a comp. We added bags in the rear of 2 builds, larger brakes, calipers, a trans cooler,..so the fucking things would make it up and over Donners Pass. Just insane shit, not just to be loud, or compete, but JUST TO GET THERE and back. Jesus dude, it got to much. The fun,...... went down, and if felt like another job, a job that doesnt pay. 

This rig, .. wont have any neat neat shit, besides, working on a rig, newer than 2001 lol, and shit. And to be honest,.... im ok with it. In fact, just fine with it. 

Also, the dayton dsp, ... seems odd. I have spoken to to MANY, that absolutely love it, and as youve seen even in this thread, that hated it, soooo, we will see.  And, i WILL let ya know, if i struggle with it, or naw. Ive had,.. fuck, going back to the RF 360.1, 2 and 3, to audio control, Audison, Ampere, on and on... probably a dozen? So, ill let ya know. All i want is the pass band shit, and some level adjustments... nothing crazy. 

On 2/5/2021 at 1:28 AM, Nick580 said:

I look forward to seeing more work on this one man. That Dayton DSP was not even on my radar, so thanks for sharing. I'm curious to see a picture of the 4runner. I've got an '04 that I've had for about 10 years now. I love those things.

I like shit that works. Im a fan boy here and there, but, if shit dont work,. fuck an A, i will dump on it, exhausting all measures of couse... ill let ya know, no doubt. 

dammit, you got me all worked up man, wanna do a new build so bad now. but i gotta start at ground zero. gotta find a vehicle, gotta make sure i can get an alt for it, then i have to get new mids now, front stage has to just be out of this world this time. im not fuckin around anymore.  im getting too old to do this shit. at least i can live through your builds to keep me satisfied for now. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Kyblack76 changed the title to Kyle's 4 Runner (again) Second Skin, Damore amps, SMD fuse blocks, and other fun stuff.

Archived