Kyle's 4 Runner (again) Second Skin, Damore amps, SMD fuse blocks, and other fun stuff.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Just a small flex as you drop the mic on top of a kiddie pool full of grenades! 😳

These are dope. Took the ole lady, and doggos for a 3 hour cruise in the mountains in a beast rain storm. Ran the audio (she likes it as loud as i do) full rip, for damn near most of it, even leavin it up, as we got out and walked around, ... under the seat, with the rear heat blowing right on em, they stay luke warm, not even close to any type of "hot" at all. Fucking rad. I am,.. officially, a fan of these little things. No dick riding, no nut hugging (which, ill admit, im prone to do, hey, when i like something, i take it to heart) . I dig these tanks. Obviously, longevity, will tell, but i see no reason why i wouldnt be beating on these things in 15 years from now. 

Cheers all. 

34 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

These are dope. Took the ole lady, and doggos for a 3 hour cruise in the mountains in a beast rain storm. Ran the audio (she likes it as loud as i do) full rip, for damn near most of it, even leavin it up, as we got out and walked around, ... under the seat, with the rear heat blowing right on em, they stay luke warm, not even close to any type of "hot" at all. Fucking rad. I am,.. officially, a fan of these little things. No dick riding, no nut hugging (which, ill admit, im prone to do, hey, when i like something, i take it to heart) . I dig these tanks. Obviously, longevity, will tell, but i see no reason why i wouldnt be beating on these things in 15 years from now. 

Cheers all. 

i was going to ask how you liked them but i guess you already said it lol

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Need some usb action. 

Lets get it. (Turned out tits, and thanks Tony, for the usb tossed in one of the boards/boxes. 

20210407_164931.thumb.jpg.84d5170947c70bc6c09f8b5bd3a19744.jpg20210407_165151.thumb.jpg.1ce5b15b0bb474f08d843f271e498f59.jpg20210407_165203.thumb.jpg.8bedc6f7da3b6540d91309b0b5ba0dcc.jpg

That did turn out nice. Looks like it could be stock. 

Also, gotta have your zombie lights. 100%must have

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

So impressed with the Hertz coaxials, i went larger/bigger. So much room in these dashes. And, sorry for many of you, myself included,.... bigger, is BETTER here. Leggo...
20210415_135643.jpg 20210415_135652.jpg 20210415_140125.jpg

I got more Second Skin, cut, and warming up, to lay around them.. then, ill crack the dsp open, and drop the high cut even lower.
Also, these have adjustable tweets,.. sharp eye, would see im aiming them, at the corresponding A pillar. What im trying to achieve is a broad, or wider stereo affect. If that makes sense to some.
20210415_141507.jpg

Ill add the SS, and, then, with the laptop connected to the dsp,.. go for a ride, run my SQ type songs/files. See whats up. Ill get the mic on it, this weekend. I saved files if the previous tweets. Be interesting to see any and all changes. Cheers all.
KB

4 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

So impressed with the Hertz coaxials, i went larger/bigger. So much room in these dashes. And, sorry for many of you, myself included,.... bigger, is BETTER here. Leggo...
20210415_135643.jpg 20210415_135652.jpg 20210415_140125.jpg

I got more Second Skin, cut, and warming up, to lay around them.. then, ill crack the dsp open, and drop the high cut even lower.
Also, these have adjustable tweets,.. sharp eye, would see im aiming them, at the corresponding A pillar. What im trying to achieve is a broad, or wider stereo affect. If that makes sense to some.
20210415_141507.jpg

Ill add the SS, and, then, with the laptop connected to the dsp,.. go for a ride, run my SQ type songs/files. See whats up. Ill get the mic on it, this weekend. I saved files if the previous tweets. Be interesting to see any and all changes. Cheers all.
KB

Looks good so far man. Keep up the good work.

• 11 months later...

I know the build threads are all but dead anymore (which is a bummer, man i use to LOVE to look through all of them back in the day) But, meh,... im bored at work. 

Finally bit the bullet, and ordered some subs. These are the lowest tier drivers, I've ordered in years. That said, they are quite nice, especially for the low low cost. Well see. Gately box is supposed to be here tomorrow. 

20220413_134917.thumb.jpg.b11ebb6a0f65b5a4179d521ea92fbfbb.jpg20220413_135247.thumb.jpg.97530cd9fa6faed6a89863c408e78ad0.jpg

EDIT - these will be ran on my Damore 1k. Time will tell if i get his new 1.5k, or, another 1k, to go along with the other. Well see, and again, this wont ever see any lanes. Im done and over that shit. Just a OK, meh daily driven system. So far, i adore the Satori mids, and have them and the hertz in the dash set up really well, using ROOM EQ Wizard, and a Mic and REQ software. Im really happy with the output of the front gear, as well as the low end im getting just from the Satori's. Really happy. But, it needs some low end bad, and im curing that now. 

Archived