Electrical needs question

If I were to only install a system that was maybe 2100-2400 RMS would I require a H.O Alt? 

Or can I just do the big 3 and an upgraded underhood battery? I am looking around for a battery that will fit my vehicle but so far I have not yet found a battery for my vehicle. I am looking at XS Batteries and have emailed and called to find out about a replacement audio battery. From what I was told they do not currently sell a battery for my vehicle.

My vehicle is a 2014 Kia Sportage LX with the BCI 124R is the size under the hood.

The amplifiers are a Skar Audio SK1500.1dv1 and a JL JX 360/4. 

My Subs are JL Audio 12w6v2 x2.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Yeah dude, I can't find a 124r either. Here's what I would do. 

Get a H.O. alternator. I don't know how big of an alternator you can find for that car, but I'm sure you're aware of the good brands you can get ahold of. You're not really pushing a ton of power, but if you think you maybe will end up upgrading in the future, just plan for that. It'll save you money in the long run. 

As far as the battery situation, you could buy any decent brand AGM that would fit to go under the hood (duralast, die hard, whatever) then put any size, high amp hour AGM you wanted in the back by the amps. People say you shouldn't mix battery brands or sizes, but in your case, I don't  know if you have much of a choice unfortunately. As long as you fuse correctly, use some good OFC cable, and don't mix battery chemistries, you should be fine. Or, go lithium and just delete the battery under the hood. Personally, I'd just go lithium. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You wouldn’t need to upgrade your factory alternator. No way. Just a big 3 and secondary agm battery, 140ah, or spend more money and do an agm under the hood and a smaller agm in the rear, equaling at least 140ah-160ah(optimal). Shuriken makes good agm batteries. Just make it cheap and easy and don’t worry about that battery under your hood. Because xs isn’t gonna have a battery with enough amp hours that’s gonna fit. So why spend so much money on an xs battery under the hood and you would have to buy a secondary one too, no doubt or questions about that, and then you realize you just spent like $700 on two batteries equaling the 140ah-160ah of reserve you need. When you could just buy an 140ah shuriken battery for $350 and be done with it and never worry about voltage drop or reserve. Just do a big 3, keep that stock battery and alternator and buy a shuriken bt-140 from sonicelectronix.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived