Not Getting enough power!

16 minutes ago, XKilley said:

The honda battery is 4 years old and should ill try to disconnect the front battery completely? and measure it again?

4 years is not bad but not great. Was there a system in the car before this one? Is the weather where you live get extreme hot or cold? all these things factor into the life of a battery. That battery looks small and not very capable, 420(nice) cca is low. Replacing it is not a bad idea. The high wattage of your system, and lack of alternator power, it will be taxing on any batteries. 70 amp alternator is basically a trickle charger for 3000 watts. Next two things to invest in: High output alternator, New front battery.

Parallel the batteries directly to each other and then wire the amp directly to the hc120. Like the diagram I posted. Sorry if its not clear. Definitely test with the front battery disconnected as well.

Do you have a battery charger to use between testing runs?

15 minutes ago, XKilley said:

so this is the Honda battery it should be okay from the green indicator but should i replace the cable that goes to the alternator? its the same size as the ground wire.

You should do the big 3. Personally, I added to existing charge and ground wires but my car is newer. Is your vehicle older? Check that the charge wire from the alternator and ground wires are not crusty or really really stiff. Use your best judgement, if they look bad then replace them do not just add. Maybe another member will have more insight to if its better to add to or replace wires on your specific vehicle.

21 minutes ago, XKilley said:

and in which direction should i turn the subwoofer? 

That is a personal choice. Placement could affect the frequency everything peaks at. Best thing to do is test test test. OR just put it someplace that looks good! Do you have a spl meter to measure db gains?

Totally replace the front battery. Not sure about which alternator to get. I do not own a civic and have not really done any research on the subject. Largest one you can afford. there are a few company that make "custom" bolt on options. If moneys not an issue buy a big Mechman and make a bracket to mount it.

• 4 weeks later...

Parallel wire the two batteries. ABSOLUTELY replace that battery ASAP! I just replaced my dying 5-6yr original Honda battery in my CIvic.

I believe Mechman makes a HO alternator for your year Civic, I wish i could find one for mine :(

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived