StrangeDuck's maybe a PT Cruiser build?

10 hours ago, strangeduck said:

Its an 04 turbo, whatever model that is. 140k miles i think

so pt gt. same as my srt4 basically. thats a beast of a vehicle that most will never realize. sleeper mode :). any codes? do you have history of maintenance?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has an issue where it just loses power, like you took your foot off the gas. Turn it off then on and its good for a few miles. Not sure whats causing it.  

Are You getting the reduced engine power message? I'm not sure about the pt cruiser but seen this in a couple GMs a trailblazer and a Silverado. I had a friend that would just jump out pull a relay and put it back in then it would be good again. I think I read online that this is a wiring harness issue. Not sure if thats what you are experiencing or not bit may be worth checking into if so.

It’s probably not getting any boost. It’s probably turbo issues. I work at a dealership and have run into bad turbos before. The vehicle would run good for a bit and then it’s like the vehicle isn’t getting any boost and it stays weird like that and then sometimes the vehicle periodically goes back to normal and then to reduced boost again and then whenever you turn the vehicle off and then back on, the vehicle builds up boost and it’s good for a while and then it does it again.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Didn't see the other replies, not sure about the boost issue. It does it at low speed and low throttle too,  like 20 miles an hour. Not sure if boost is even a factor at that speed

On 1/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, strangeduck said:

Didn't see the other replies, not sure about the boost issue. It does it at low speed and low throttle too,  like 20 miles an hour. Not sure if boost is even a factor at that speed

A vehicle with a turbo uses its turbo at low rpms and gears too. Once your foot touches the pedal, boost is engaged from that vehicle’s turbo, or should be if it’s functioning correctly. If there is no boost or lack in boost, it would feel as if the vehicle isn’t getting juice like it’s being restricted, so to say. Drive it and wait for a check engine to come on and then go to an auto parts store and get the codes read and that’s the only way to truly know what’s going on. I just said turbo because, that vehicle and that symptom you said points to that vehicle’s turbo having a boost issue. But it could possibly be something else. Checking that vehicle when the check engine is on is the best way and most shops tell people it’s the only way, because they don’t wanna spend so long playing trail and error, so they’ll tell you to wait for a check engine to come on and bring it back.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

i get what your saying, but the turbo is gonna make boost or it isnt. now, maybe a waste gate issue could cause a loss of boost. but i get the point of what you are saying. im not gonna sit here and play throw the darts all day unless someone who has had this issue wants to chime in. so that being said. im completely capable of fixing my own vehicles. no more talk about the mechanical issues unless you actually know what you are talking about. thanks!

Archived