StrangeDuck's maybe a PT Cruiser build?

2 hours ago, strangeduck said:

i get what your saying, but the turbo is gonna make boost or it isnt. now, maybe a waste gate issue could cause a loss of boost. but i get the point of what you are saying. im not gonna sit here and play throw the darts all day unless someone who has had this issue wants to chime in. so that being said. im completely capable of fixing my own vehicles. no more talk about the mechanical issues unless you actually know what you are talking about. thanks!

I wouldn’t of chimed in if I haven’t drove multiple dealership cars that have bad turbos. I work at a used car dealership and work on the vehicles too and have experienced the same issue in the same type of vehicles. Not exact year model though. Them vehicle’s turbos fill and clog with carbon and need to be blown out periodically to maintain performance. Most vehicles that are turbocharged call for premium gas and when regular gas is used it could cause performance issues. And a vehicle that has a turbo boost issue drives and can vary in performance depending on the vehicle and the severity of the turbo issue. My boss even sold a vehicle with a bad turbo with boost issues and the customer didn’t notice. That’s how subtle that issue was. Then I’ve seen ones where the vehicle barely wants to move. It differs. But like I said, it could be something else causing that issue. I was just trying to help you dude. But like you said, you are capable of fixing your own vehicles. Figuring out the problem without a check engine is the hard part. Carbon buildup doesn’t throw codes all the time to let you know what’s wrong. I’m not that guy who just speaks out of opinion and doesn’t speak out of knowledge and experience. So I’m sorry if you looked at it like that. I’m hoping it’s another issue like just some simple buildup or blockage somewhere that needs to be cleaned or changed and then it performs like new. So clean up that carbon buildup and let’s cleanup this conversation and maintain respect in it. Bass on and fugh playing darts, play bass. Wrong thread for me talking about vehicle mechanical issues anyways. My bad.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happens. I do it too sometimes. I’ve got a point on my account for going too hard before. But, that’s off subject. I’ve been wanting to mess around with some aa mayhem subwoofers. So I’m gonna like this build. What are you gonna do about charging and batteries on them amps?

thats the big issue. Currently mechman only has a 240 amp option, so im reaching out to Mike Singer and Brand X to see if they can work some magic. If i cant get over a 300 amp option then i'll probably sell the PT cruiser and buy a different cheap hatchback. ive been browsing classifieds for hondas and such but havent found much so far. Push comes to shove i'll just get an s10 extended cab. 

3 hours ago, strangeduck said:

thats the big issue. Currently mechman only has a 240 amp option, so im reaching out to Mike Singer and Brand X to see if they can work some magic. If i cant get over a 300 amp option then i'll probably sell the PT cruiser and buy a different cheap hatchback. ive been browsing classifieds for hondas and such but havent found much so far. Push comes to shove i'll just get an s10 extended cab. 

Sounds like a good plan. An older Honda Civic hatchback or an s10 extended cab would be a better cabin for that build and are more reliable of vehicles. I was just looking at a Honda Civic hatchback the other day. I like them. Good potential. Shit, that s10 extended cab would be good too. You know your vehicles. Kudos.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:57 AM, strangeduck said:

SO first things first. I'm rebuilding these 10" Mayhems into 12" mayhems. I picked these up through Kyle Blackwelder, he knew a guy and i snagged them up. The surrounds were a bit brittle, no fault of his or the previous owner, just is what it is. So the surrounds ended up ripping so i decided to change to 12's because building box for 10's on 5k is just a nightmare.  

these were the 10's the last time i used them. 

i4oKxY7.jpg

Here are the new cones and coils. so sexy. 

G4sue8e.jpg

I4Wf514.jpg

Tisket a tasket, here is a basket. 

yS2CgvV.jpg

another sexy coil shot

v4fAvF6.jpg

You lost me at Dr. Thunder bro

• 2 months later...

Archived