Second Skin Audio

BMW X5 build

Scotnemily

Ok amp isn’t going to fit like this.

t8OeY09.jpg

lREoegX.jpg

it does fit like this though.

1sapylw.jpg?1

so this is how it is going to have to go.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those B2 Riot 3200.1 amps are tempting. don't know what kind of sound quality I would get out of it. I can not find any reviews on them.

I got the first idq8 in the mail today. No question of it working for this enclosure. I will take some pictures of it next to the VLC sub. The Vfl sub looks more impressive, but the idq8 looks really nice. Different type of sub for a different kind of application.

Here is a side by side picture. Funny thing is the RMS power and excursion are the same on the 2 subs. 

IVhUlNX.jpg

The mounting depth isn't going to help just because the box depth has been established and the VFL fits. where it counts is the height difference above the mounting surface.  The VFL is 1.5 inches above the mounting surface. The IDQ is .5 inches

rrjO5kM.jpg

The other 2 IDQ8's finally arrived today. I will try to get them set in the box and post a couple of pictures later tonight.

Thanks! I am really wanting to hear what they sound like, even outside of the car. I just don't have a good way to test them. Best I could do is grab a couple of extra car batteries and hook an amp and radio up to them so I could play something on them. That would actually be about the same effort as hooking them up in the car. I have to wait on that because when I pulled the stuff out of the other BMW I left my battery cables and amp wiring in it. I figured I wouldn't be ready to hook anything up until the weather was nicer...

I forgot to take pictures today, but I installed my LOC, and made a tray for my extra battery. I also attached the ground cable for my 2nd battery, and cut the ground cable going to the amp. Also ran the rca’s from the LOC to the amp. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. 

I skimmed through this thread and I like the build. How far are them pole vents on them IDQs from that board? Fugh the subwoofers heating up. That’s a problem, but if tuned correctly and not played for long periods of time wouldnt cause a problem for a while, but since I’m a bass head, it doesn’t seem like the main problem if you ask me. Yeah, that would make them heat up quicker. But, the main thing to understand about a pole vent being too close, is that the subwoofers output is affected. Smothering causes heat “and” MINIMIZES OUTPUT.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived