Second Skin Audio

8" sub search

SilvyJerry

Hello all I have always had a car system but have never really had anything aside from the basic common brands out there. i have a 2017 silverado that i am currently looking to put a system into. After alot of thinking i have decided to go with 2-8" subs in a ported box. This will be a budget build so Im not trying to break the bank. i have my eyes on a few different subs. Some a little more than others. can anyone help me make the right choice in picking subs. Again i am not very educated with subs and brands so I will just list a few subs ive been looking at.

top choices.....

*ampere audio 2.5rve

*ssa f8l

*american bass vfl

*sundown sa-8

*skar evl

cheaper options....

*massive audio gtx

*incriminator audio i series

*ds18 elite z-8

*audio legion s25

*toro audio force-8

*seismic audio laf084

*soundqubed hds2

*ct sounds strato

thanks again in advanced

First, welcome to the forum. Stick around, read learn and enjoy.

I always suggest picking subs/drivers last. 

Start with your electrical and make sure it's a solid as can be and figure out what kind of power you can support.

Once you know how much power you can run, figure out how much space you can use if needed for your enclosure, then shrink if/as needed.

Then, fit as much cone area as possible in that space without suffocating subs of course.

Box design, build quality, and placement will have a bigger impact on output than anything.

Each brand has their own nut huggers and I haven't heard any of those 8's ecept for the Sundowns and I know those sound good.

1 hour ago, rockFord_Expedition said:

First, welcome to the forum. Stick around, read learn and enjoy.

I always suggest picking subs/drivers last. 

Start with your electrical and make sure it's a solid as can be and figure out what kind of power you can support.

Once you know how much power you can run, figure out how much space you can use if needed for your enclosure, then shrink if/as needed.

Then, fit as much cone area as possible in that space without suffocating subs of course.

Box design, build quality, and placement will have a bigger impact on output than anything.

Each brand has their own nut huggers and I haven't heard any of those 8's ecept for the Sundowns and I know those sound good.

Thank you I’ve been reading trying to get some information. I have planned on doing the big 3 on my truck, I have a wiring kit and I also have a box already. It was made for a friend but he decided to go with a different box. I was told it’s 2.5 cubic ft. Depending on the subs I go with, I have an Orion xtr900.1d I can use if it’s big enough if not possibly would get the taramps 3000

Archived