Sundown Audio

6 Channel Amp Help

JDoidge92

Hey guys! I have a question regarding my 6 channel amp. Il give you the back story first.

I recently picked up a Kicker KMA450.6 amp for my boat. Im planning on amping all the speakers (and adding 2) so a total of 6 speakers will be in the boat. Im also running another amp, 800W Kenwood for the tower speakers. Because the Kicker doesn't have RCA outs I will be bringing my RCA into the 800W Kenwood (With a 4 channel RCA cable) and RCA out to the kicker amp(with a 2 channel RCA to a splitter). 

My question here is. The kicker has 3 inputs for the 3 channels on it. I will only be picking up channels 1 and 2 if I go this route. Does this mean channels 5-6 will not be active as I did not pick up this input channel? How do I get around this so I can use all 6 channels?

Linked is a photo of the setup I was thinking and the Kicker amp inputs.
Thanks for your time! 

Sounds system.png

IMG_7182 2.heic IMG_7183 2.heic

I'm not 100% familiar with that amp. Sometimes you might not need to fill all the RCA inputs to still use all the channels. Read the manual carefully.

Or, you could use an RCA distribution box like this one https://skyhighcaraudio.com/shca-clear-1-to-3-rca-distribution-block/

A bunch of different companies make them. 

Or, you could always go nuts with Y splitters. Though that'll look ugly as hell and might start to compromise your sound quality

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived