Second Skin Audio

Need help picking out an 8" sub

nickgoose

So I love my setup but it's time for a little downgrade, it takes up way too much space and I am changing cars within the next year or so. Looking to get a Lexus IS350 or a Acura TLX A-SPEC. Currently have a 13' Accord coupe EX-L, bought it with 22k miles, had it for 5 years and it's only at 56k so I want to keep it for a little longer..

My current setup is a 12" Sp4 Plus and a Wolfram w4500 which I am in the process of getting rid of and replacing it with a b2 riot 7500 and the 2 subs I am torn between.

The b2 amp is on the way and I will NOT be wiring to 1 ohm. I'm going to be wiring it to 3 ohms.

I'm looking to get 3 8's. 

The 2 subs I'm choosing between:

• 8" B2 Rampage XM
  • 8" Sundown X v.3

I know both can take over rated. Just want some advice/insight on which would be better running at 3ohms, what's more of a sq or spl, etc. I never owned B2 before and I honestly want to experience it because I've read nothing but amazing things about their product. I'm just guessing I can get anywhere from 3500-4000w.. at that impedance? Which would be perfect for my electrical I currently have.

The enclosure I am looking to get will be less in all dimensions which I really need because the box, along with the amp. literally takes up my entire trunk. And I don't want it to take my next car's trunk as well.

The specs of the riot 7500:

Power @ 4 Ω 12.8 V: 2500 w
Power @ 4 Ω 14.4 V: 3000 w
Power @ 2 Ω 12.8 V: 4500 w
Power @ 2 Ω 14.4 V: 5500 w
Power @ 1 Ω 12.8 V: 7500 w
Power @ 1 Ω 14.4 V: 8500 w

Also, just a little side note. The amp is an investment, I am future proofing myself with this amp. If I ever want to go back to monster sub(s) at to 2 ohms or even 1 ohm, I have the power to do so lol. So that's the reasoning for me buying it and also the price.. I paid only $649 for this beast. Even the dimensions of the amp is perfect it's like half the size of the Wolfram..

With all of that said, I'd appreciate any feedback or help. Thank you in advance!

I agree. I almost went with 2 zero.4 falcon amplifiers instead of 2 Salt 4's for my build. That white is something to look at! But I haven't heard anyone say they where disappointed in any B2 product yet

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I have wanted to do a B2 build for a while, just don’t have anything to put them in at the moment. Heck I couldn’t even use my VFL 8”s yet, and I have had them setting new in the box for a year now. I was eyeing that smaller riot 3200 amp for my idq 8’s. Nice power small amp. But I really don’t need a amp. Just kind of want to buy one you know 🧐

Archived