In need of some HELP!

Recently bought a DD-1+ to tune my system in my 2015 Dodge Durango. 

Equipment:

Factory radio 

Kicker CXA800.1 (Sub AMP)

Kicker CXA300.4 (4CH AMP)

wavtech link6 (Processor)

When connected to the high level outputs with the DD-1+, on track 1 my volume level is 21 before the distortion light come on, but when I turn to track 2 I can max the volume out at 38 and the distortion light never comes on. I am at a lost where to set my volume at so that I can move onto setting the gaines on the Processor and the amps. 

Thank you 

151277379_10165419841380019_4252248879440448831_n.jpg

Different speakers and electrical equipment (head units, amplifiers) react differently to different tones. That's why some people when setting their gains will use a couple different tones. 

What I'm going to do when I figure out my max volume for my head unit and while setting the gain and max volume for my in dash processor is I'm going to send both the 1000 and the 40 hz tone through it and whichever distorts at a lower setting is going to be where I set my gains on my amplifiers. Say I get a max volume of 30 with the 1000 hz test tone but get a max of 28 with the 40 hz test tone, I'm not going past 28

Edited by Dafaseles

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Set by rca pre outs. Play track 1 (40hz 0db tone) on your subwoofer preouts and then play track 2 (1khz 0db tone) on your front and rear pre outs. Then figure the clean volume point on each reading and if the reading are different, then tune your amps on the volume in the middle of said figures. It says that in the user manual. To be honest, I would buy a head unit that is clean even at full tilt. But if you have to settle, then tune on the middle volume. Meaning if your subwoofer preout is clean on a 0db 40hz tone up to volume 20 and your front and rear preouts are clean on a 0db 1khz tone up to volume 30, then tune each amp, subwoofer and speaker amp, at volume 25. That is your clipping point and you would be clean up to that volume.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Set by rca pre outs. Play track 1 (40hz 0db tone) on your subwoofer preouts and then play track 2 (1khz 0db tone) on your front and rear pre outs. Then figure the clean volume point on each reading and if the reading are different, then tune your amps on the volume in the middle of said figures. It says that in the user manual. To be honest, I would buy a head unit that is clean even at full tilt. But if you have to settle, then tune on the middle volume. Meaning if your subwoofer preout is clean on a 0db 40hz tone up to volume 20 and your front and rear preouts are clean on a 0db 1khz tone up to volume 30, then tune each amp, subwoofer and speaker amp, at volume 25. That is your clipping point and you would be clean up to that volume.

I'll be honest with you....I haven't read the owner's manual yet🤣🤣 it's just sitting in my closet..... waiting

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

I'll be honest with you....I haven't read the owner's manual yet🤣🤣 it's just sitting in my closet..... waiting

I didn’t read it either, I skimmed. But I remember Meade saying that middle tuning thing in a YouTube video I watched teaching about his meters. Who needs a dd1 manual when Meade can tell you via YouTube. A dd1 manual is nice to reference though. I use to like the books in school that had a movie to match so I wouldn’t have to read it lol! Sometimes I would middle tune in on that and just listen to one of them tapes who reads the book for me while I hold the book open and sort of follow along. Lol!

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

17 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I didn’t read it either, I skimmed. But I remember Meade saying that middle tuning thing in a YouTube video I watched teaching about his meters. Who needs a dd1 manual when Meade can tell you via YouTube. A dd1 manual is nice to reference though. I use to like the books in school that had a movie to match so I wouldn’t have to read it lol! Sometimes I would middle tune in on that and just listen to one of them tapes who reads the book for me while I hold the book open and sort of follow along. Lol!

Fake it 'till you make it!