Sonic Electronix

Skar 8 Inch Sub in an E46?

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If I can make 1 suggestion, if you can swing a little extra dough, I'd go ahead and do the big 3 upgrade under the hood with some good 1/0 OFC cable. Not only will it benefit your system, but the whole car's electrical system will benefit. For just 300 ish watts, it's not necessarily needed, but it's always a good idea when adding an extra draw through the vehicle

I don't know how true it is, but some people have said their fuel economy actually went up after a big 3 upgrade....I have my doubts about that one, but the electrical will flow through your car a lot smoother. 

Very interesting. I know it'll be a pain in the ass for my car, considering that the battery is located in the trunk. It seems like the alternator to positive battery connection would take some hassle to install. Definitely will keep in mind though, especially if I upgrade to something a little bigger. Also, not too sure I believe their fuel economy claims in all honesty 😅.

And I will add that I have heard a lot about how well equipped the E46 body line is electronically. Seems like most people just upgrade the alternators and batteries on them when using big subs...... I'll have to do some more research though on that.

Archived