Electrical Requirements for my system.

I have a 2016 Kia optima and I am planning a system as we speak, I just a few questions to make sure everything is in order and I maintain 14 volts or so since it is my daily driver. The components I have planned to use are as follows. 

Subs - 2x  SUNDOWN AUDIO X Series v.2 12" (1500-watts)

Amp - 1x  Sundown Audio SALT-4

Battery -  XS POWER | D7500 | 5000W / 7500W (I will also have my stock battery under the hood

Alternator - 320 amp to replace the stock one 

Wiring - All down4sound tinned wiring (big 3 ofc kit, 1/0 amp kit, 2nd battery wiring kit)

Box - TEAM DOWN4SOUND BUDGET BANGER "PRO-FAB" SUB BOX - DUAL 12 tuned to 31hz ported 4 cu ft

Those are my plans for now, main question is if the alt and battery setup is going to be enough and if not what should I do? Amp will be wired at 1 ohm and there is a possibility of adding say a 300-500 watt amp in the future for mids and highs. 

Final question, do you think itll slam?? 

In my opinion, that sounds like the minimum. You might have some dips here and there. I know there's been some issues in the past with the Kia cars, but if you could also upgrade the under the hood battery to something with some good amp hours, I think that would be pretty solid. 

I would install it, and watch the voltage on your bass knob, and if you need a little more electrical, I think you'd only need a little more. 

Should slam pretty good though! 

What brand alternator? I hope not some Ebay piece.... then you might have some problems

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 hours ago, bigdawg_OG said:

Im pretty new to all this but I found one on a site called quality power auto

Those quality power alternators are crap. Check out JS alternators on their website or brand x on Facebook messenger or singer on their website or mechman on their website or dc on their website. JS and brand x are the cheaper choices and just as good. If you don’t see an alternator selection on your vehicle then email for a custom built alternator that fits your vehicle. Those are same price as the regular selection. No worries. Brand x operates through Facebook messenger and has a website too but contact them on Facebook messenger and they can make an alternator that fits any vehicle. Same scenario when it comes to them other companies I mentioned, except for mechman. Mechman is one of the best alternator companies but they don’t build alternators on certain vehicles. Don’t know why. And if you are gonna spend that kind of money on your other gear then why not spend money on the biggest alternator you can get on your vehicle from one of these companies. Email and message them and compare sizes and prices and figure out which is the biggest and then if companies offer the same biggest size, the figure the decision on price or company and make sure you post your finding on this forum so one of us can help you.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

And you need dual positive 1/0 runs on that big 3 upgrade and dual positive 1/0 runs coming from that front battery to that rear secondary battery if you get a bigger alternator than a 320. And no matter the alternator size, you need dual 1/0 runs from that rear secondary battery to that subwoofer amp. And you never mentioned what you are gonna do about your mids and highs and an amp on those too. Because on that amount of subwoofer rms, you need more rms on aftermarket speakers and tweeters. And you need to put some sound deadening in your trunk, at the very least, if you dont wanna sound like a metal can shaking with the tab in it while you are driving around.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And no matter the alternator size, you need dual 1/0 runs from that rear secondary battery to that subwoofer amp.

Just to add to this....(everything @1point21gigawattsis 100% accurate) 

Yes, the salt 4 amps only have a single 1/0 space for your ground and positive, but a good idea would be to go ahead and invest in dual 1/0 to single 1/0 amp input reducers. I bought 4 for my 2 salt 4 amps! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived