Sonic Electronix

I'm running 2 evl 12s (1250rms each) on a bamf 5000 @2ohms (1700rms) ... I'm considering adding 2 SDR 18s (600rms each) and putting them on my bamf 5000 @4ohms ( 1100rms) And adding a bamf 8000 for my 12s @2ohms (2500) ... With my subs pushing 2500 would adding 1100 watts of 18s even make a difference ?Or should I get higher wattage 18s ? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to run 18's and 12's at the same time? That's a big no from me dog.

Your going to have tons of sound quality issues if you run them at the same crossover frequency (it off phase cancellation, blending issues, air issues) and if you run them on different crossover frequencies..... well there's just no point in that. Whatever the 18's can do, the 12's can also do and vice versa

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

You want to run 18's and 12's at the same time? That's a big no from me dog.

Your going to have tons of sound quality issues if you run them at the same crossover frequency (it off phase cancellation, blending issues, air issues) and if you run them on different crossover frequencies..... well there's just no point in that. Whatever the 18's can do, the 12's can also do and vice versa

Okay thank you I think I'm gonna get a triple 12s box and get a 3rd Evl and pushed them all 3 to their full rms

I personally would save up for a better amp, more electrical, and have someone design me a box specifically for those subs and I'd build it. but if that's the direction you want to go, go for it. Nothing wrong with upgrading. That's a big part of the fun

9 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

I personally would save up for a better amp, more electrical, and have someone design me a box specifically for those subs and I'd build it. but if that's the direction you want to go, go for it. Nothing wrong with upgrading. That's a big part of the fun

Well, whether I add more subs or not... I'm just upgrading to bamf 8000 first... To see how 2500 watts treats me.. If that ain't good enough I'm adding a 3rd 12 and pushing at least 3500 to em. Anyways thank ya sir, Glad I can just come on here anytime and you always got an answer for me.

3 hours ago, Anthony10111 said:

Well, whether I add more subs or not... I'm just upgrading to bamf 8000 first... To see how 2500 watts treats me.. If that ain't good enough I'm adding a 3rd 12 and pushing at least 3500 to em. Anyways thank ya sir, Glad I can just come on here anytime and you always got an answer for me.

Be sure, that I can guarantee no power acoustik amp does rated power. Unless you’ve seen a dyno somewhere else. Personally I ran a bamf 5000 to one of their bamf 104

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

5 hours ago, Anthony10111 said:

I was just going to say what jakew said... that Bamf 5000, I would be surprised if you're even getting a true 1200 watts out of that thing. The Bamf 8000... I'd bet a paycheck it doesn't even do 2000 watts in reality. All power acoustic amps are known for over rating their power significantly. Just go to YouTube, type in "BAMF amplifier dyno", watch a couple videos and you'll see what we mean. 

That being said, car audio is expensive. I get that. You have to start somewhere, and if you catch the bug (like it seems you have) you upgrade.

In my opinion, there's no reason to upgrade to another Bamf amplifier of any sort. I get the price, but dude, you get what you pay for. There's no magic unicorn. I say, you have 2 12's. You have an amplifier, run that setup you have and start saving money so you can really have a setup to be proud about. Start learning now, you won't be disappointed. 

You like the skar subs, run skar subs. I don't know if you got the dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm version. That will be a huge factor in deciding what amp to run. 

I would not throw more than 1500 watts at each sub. 2500 watts is a max power handling number that really only pertains to 30 second burps in competition. Nothing to do with actual everyday usage. 

I don't know what your electrical in your vehicle looks like. Running 3 evl 12's, you should look for am amp that should give you around 4000 watts. (Before you buy said amp, come talk to us first. There are some amps that you would be fine running at .65 ohm. Depends on if you have the dual 2's or dual 4's)You need to spend some money on a quality, high output alternator. Mechman, JS, Brand X just to name a few. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON YOUR ALTERNATOR! That's the heart of your car. Also, 2 80 to 100 amp hour AGM batteries, or one lithium battery will do the trick. Personally, I'd go lithium. 

Use good OFC cable in your ride. It makes a difference. Don't cut corners, you could end up toasting your equipment, maybe even your car. 

We are here to help you dude. Any questions you've got. You want some tremendo slapage? You won't get it with any power acoustic amp. Sorry dude. Not trying to knock your setup. Like I said, you've got to start somewhere. But no reason upgrading to some garbage. Take your time, save your money, and melt your friends faces when they get into your car. "Please turn it down @Anthony10111! It's too loud!" flip 'em off and say "F___ you! This is my car! Go ride the bus!"

24 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I was just going to say what jakew said... that Bamf 5000, I would be surprised if you're even getting a true 1200 watts out of that thing. The Bamf 8000... I'd bet a paycheck it doesn't even do 2000 watts in reality. All power acoustic amps are known for over rating their power significantly. Just go to YouTube, type in "BAMF amplifier dyno", watch a couple videos and you'll see what we mean. 

That being said, car audio is expensive. I get that. You have to start somewhere, and if you catch the bug (like it seems you have) you upgrade.

In my opinion, there's no reason to upgrade to another Bamf amplifier of any sort. I get the price, but dude, you get what you pay for. There's no magic unicorn. I say, you have 2 12's. You have an amplifier, run that setup you have and start saving money so you can really have a setup to be proud about. Start learning now, you won't be disappointed. 

You like the skar subs, run skar subs. I don't know if you got the dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm version. That will be a huge factor in deciding what amp to run. 

I would not throw more than 1500 watts at each sub. 2500 watts is a max power handling number that really only pertains to 30 second burps in competition. Nothing to do with actual everyday usage. 

I don't know what your electrical in your vehicle looks like. Running 3 evl 12's, you should look for am amp that should give you around 4000 watts. (Before you buy said amp, come talk to us first. There are some amps that you would be fine running at .65 ohm. Depends on if you have the dual 2's or dual 4's)You need to spend some money on a quality, high output alternator. Mechman, JS, Brand X just to name a few. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON YOUR ALTERNATOR! That's the heart of your car. Also, 2 80 to 100 amp hour AGM batteries, or one lithium battery will do the trick. Personally, I'd go lithium. 

Use good OFC cable in your ride. It makes a difference. Don't cut corners, you could end up toasting your equipment, maybe even your car. 

We are here to help you dude. Any questions you've got. You want some tremendo slapage? You won't get it with any power acoustic amp. Sorry dude. Not trying to knock your setup. Like I said, you've got to start somewhere. But no reason upgrading to some garbage. Take your time, save your money, and melt your friends faces when they get into your car. "Please turn it down @Anthony10111! It's too loud!" flip 'em off and say "F___ you! This is my car! Go ride the bus!"

No it’s not cheap. Let’s just ballpark what I have. It’s loud but nowhere near “competitive”. Taramps 5k, $450. 2 dc lvl 4s with carbon fiber, $1100. Enclosure $400. Wire? Omggg 1/0 ofc wire $400 atleast. Lithium battery, $550. Agm battery up front, $200. Add fuse holders, fuses and 1/0 dual inputs.

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

23 minutes ago, JakeW said:

No it’s not cheap. Let’s just ballpark what I have. It’s loud but nowhere near “competitive”. Taramps 5k, $450. 2 dc lvl 4s with carbon fiber, $1100. Enclosure $400. Wire? Omggg 1/0 ofc wire $400 atleast. Lithium battery, $550. Agm battery up front, $200. Add fuse holders, fuses and 1/0 dual inputs.

I'm not even going to get into what mine has cost so far 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived