Sonic Electronix

Bigger than Average System Plans - Comments Please

Good morning,  I am seeking comments back on equipment selection for this build.

Goals: For now = Demo Vehicle , windy af with the ability to sustain half day sessions.   I have an HHR Panel I was going to use but by the time all the equipment is in.. she would be dangerously overloaded.  HHR not enough room either.  Going with either a Suburban or Cargo Van.

Just focused on the Sub part of this system for now.

Considerations =

Wall Build. 4th order ?

Parts Planned out as of now.

Head Unit?

SubSonic Filter/Crossover?

Amps = (2) Orion 3000.1DSPX

Subs = ?  Neo magnets or ?  Was planning on hitting the amps with 1 ohm

Electrical =

(1) Stock Alternator

(2) Mechman 370 Elite externally regulated.

I am wanting to run 14 volt batteries.  The 2 Caps I have say not to go over 14.8 Volts, that doesn't leave much room?

(2) XS Power SB1260-31 Super Caps.  

Need a Budget friendly recommendation for the Reserve Ah Stack? 

Thanks for any comments.

Well, in my opinion, walls tend to move more air than a regular fourth order, but a fourth order wall, you'll get more lows. 

Head unit, I've never had a problem with my pioneer, though I've heard kenwood and alpine are great as well. 

Subs, you know the deal I'm sure. There are a ton of great subs out there. If you plan on a fourth order, try to find a sub with a QTS higher than .5, if you're going to go straight up ported wall, a QTS lower than .5 is optimal. 

As far as the electrical, I don't know much about super caps. I do know lithium and lithium banks do great, though I don't know if you can mix lithium and a super bank. If you find out you can, get some Ying Long cells and build your own. Fairly inexpensive. 

That's my 2 cents. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 months later...

Archived